ad: QSKLLC-1

Delete whole Logbooks

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by DL9KSM, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. DL9KSM

DL9KSM Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi there

I did a mistake and load my log up double ...

How i can delete the whole log and correct this with an
    upload completly ???

73 - Karl

2. N4ST

N4ST XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have basically the same issue. I uploaded my logbook without my personal data being completely filled in, like Lat/Lon, Grid, Power, etc. So I bulk corrected those in my HRD log and uploaded them again. On LoTW, you can overwrite unconfirmed QSOs, but here it just made two copies. :(

To all of you out there that are confirming my duplicate QSOs; it does make my QSL count go up a lot quicker. ;)

3. DL9KSM

Yes ... that's the Prob. But i don't want do delete every single QSO ... :confused: 3000 qso its torture .... :eek:

HEEEEELP US .... :(

73 de Karl :cool:

4. N4ST

N4ST XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have 12000 dupes :eek::eek::eek::eek:

5. EI9JU

EI9JU Ham Member QRZ Page

Others must have made the same mistake because I've had several duplicate QSO's sent to me, I usually confirm one and reject the other.

6. DL9KSM

Suport Request for delete the whole Log failed

What do you think how much time it takes to delete my Logbook ? :mad:

It's better to to it soon before everybody ist starting to confirm the
    duped entries ? ;)

I did a request for delete the whole logbook at the support but i get
    no response until today ... :(

I hide the Logbook in the Options until this is fixed for me ...

Somebody in the position to inform the support-team soon ? :cool:

73 de Karl

7. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator QRZ Page

Delete Whole Log

Folks,

I'm willing to provide a "Delete All" function to the logbook, however:

I feel that once a contact has been confirmed then the record should be "frozen", i.e., no longer subject to modification of any kind. Once a contact has been confirmed, both parties have agreed to the details.

Suppose, for example, that station A logs a contact with station B and this contact completes station B's DXCC award. Then, station A decides to remove all of his logs and now station B's DXCC award, which has already been issued, is invalid.

It is for this reason that I maintain that confirmed logs should be frozen. Now, on the other hand, I see nothing wrong with deleting all UNCONFIRMED log entries.

Your thoughts?

8. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Fair enough. There should be two broad range deletes - DELETE ALL UNCONFIRMED and DELETE ALL DUPLICATES (confirmed or not) leaving only one.

9. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator QRZ Page

Okay, so how do we define Duplicates? How many identical points of info between two log entries defines a duplicate? Which data are considered? Which one goes when there are two or more meeting the criteria?

-fred

10. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

O.K., thanks. Now we get back to the more fundamental unanswered question that is what constitutes a match? My vote is for a very basic match, that is date/time, call, band, mode. You will have to allow a time window, e,g, +/- 30 minutes.

Duplicates and confirmations thus meet the same criteria.

And thus will either duplicate contain the appropiate confirmation criteria. In the case there are two QSO'S the 30 minute window, then it is known up front that only one will be recognized and it can be either one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.