Declined

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KL7AJ, Jul 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. VE3OIJ

VE3OIJ QRZ Lifetime Member #42 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

there's always a line of 0 declination. It just moves as the pole moves around.

2. VE3OIJ

VE3OIJ QRZ Lifetime Member #42 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

c is the speed of causality (I believe that is why it's "c" and not "l" for "speed of light"), which happens to be the speed of massless particles in a vacuum. That is why c is constant everywhere, but the speed of light varies with the medium through which the light is travelling.

3. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

I dunno. Which. Wiill I have to wait for the Zonbie Apocalypse, OR the next Solar Maximum. YMMV

4. N5PAR

N5PAR Ham Member QRZ Page

I stumbled upon a few Utube videos a few months ago put out by the flat earth people. Although I have heard of them for years I have always thought it was a joke. I figured it was a couple of people just trying to get attention or be entertaining. Boy was I wrong. One video was supposed show a balloon hitting the ceiling or dome as they call it. Also very imaginative reasons explaining space and rockets and such. As the saying goes. It takes all kinds.

5. KV4PD

KV4PD Ham Member QRZ Page

That's because there are all kinds. From the discussions I have read from the flat-earth people, a large contingent of them are also the ones that believe the Earth is only 6,000 years old. Must be some kind of religion.

6. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey Eric: Just send me $25 and I will reset your declination to any value you want. It will instantly show up on ALL maps in the world. Just send the number you want.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

7. N5PAR

N5PAR Ham Member QRZ Page

A teacher my wife worked with believes Earth is only 6000 years old. I found this out when we went to dinner with her and her husband, also a teacher, a while back. During our conversation that evening she talked about the Earth only being 6000 years old. I then asked her what about the dinosaurs. Knowing some people believe dinosaurs and humans coexisted I assumed that would be her answer.

Her reply was, “Oh God just put the dinosaur bones here to confuse us. Dinosaurs never existed. “

I never got around to asking her about the Earth beind flat but I’m sure she believed that also. She retired at the end of this school year.

8. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

Reminds me of my time as volunteer ranger at the Black Canyon NM. I met a lady at a lookout point who said the 1800" deep gorge was formed when an asteroid zoomed by and scooped up all the dirt.
    I was polite with my reply.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

N5PAR likes this.
  9. W5KUL

W5KUL Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, I cant believe in a "god" that does things like bury fake 100 million year old dino bones to "test our faith" - because such a god would be a liar.

10. KC1DQH

KC1DQH Ham Member QRZ Page

What?? The Flintstones never happened? I never know what to believe anymore.

AD5HR likes this.