ad: M2Ant-1

December 2020 QST

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N7WR, Nov 20, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm colored by your content!

2. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep, a very experienced ham such as the OP is much less likely to find a lot of fascinating articles in the general magazine on the topic.

But that’s why there is now FREE (with membership) digital copies of QRX, NCJ, etc. I don’t know what else one could ask of a organization which has an extreme diversity of interest among its members.

Maybe some would be happy if all of those publications were concatenated together and labeled as “QST”? No, then they would probably complain that it’s too thick, or too technical, or too contesty, or whatever.

KA0HCP, K1LKP and KP4SX like this.
  3. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

KP4SX likes this.
  4. KJ4YEV

KJ4YEV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's not just QST. All magazines are going the way of the Dodo. I spent 44 years in the concert sound business. I still subscribe to several music industry periodicals including Mix, Pro Sound News, etc. They all used to be 1/2" thick. Now, they are mere pamphlets. And most of their articles don't interest me anymore. Of course, the music industry is in the ditch due to Covid.

1 person likes this.
  5. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

When magazines don't pay their contributing writers you hear a whooshing vacuum sound. Not saying that's the case with QST but it certainly is with one other (failing) ham publication.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    WE4B likes this.
  6. W3WN

W3WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Here we go again.

Let me grab my bowl of popcorn. Now, where’s the extra butter?

7. K5ABB

K5ABB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

QST needs to be renamed QRT... :( and yes, I'm a member and a subscriber.

I know I could google it, but does anybody know If I could elect to get QEX rather than QST? My recollection is that the last time I renewed my membership my only choices were QST or the new Newbie Mag...

1 person likes this.
  8. KF5LJW

KF5LJW Ham Member QRZ Page

My take on it. Ham radio has not changed much in the 105 year history of QST. After 105 years there is not much left to cover that has not already been beat to death.

1 person likes this.
  9. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

1 page at a time.

10. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, we're still subjects of King Spark and wishing we could find a good condenser for a good price. ;)

1 person likes this.