ad: cq2k-1

December 11, 1909 - Guglielmo Marconi receives the Prize Nobel !

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by IW2BSF, Dec 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. K8CPT

K8CPT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Tesla did it first if i remember correct and had an earlier patent. During ww1 marconi tried to sue the us government. He lost the lawsuit and at that time Tesla's earlier patent would be restored. This was after tesla had died but he did in fact create the first radio. Marconi was also a very interesting person. Tesla did not care about money as much as he did about inventing. He was a true inventor in every sense of the word. He was screwed over and over by those that took advantage of him however he kept going. It is amazing that he had the fortitude to continue after all the the crap he dealt with. I still believe to this day that his idea of free electricity can be achieved if only we could tap into our unlimited supply revolving around the earth in the upper atmosphere.

N8ZI likes this.
  2. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh boy, "'It's deja vu all over again'
    Too cold out for that kind of contest and besides it might freeze.

3. WQ4G

WQ4G Ham Member QRZ Page

Tesla invented several of the concepts and inventions used in radio. Marconi put them all together and made a radio to communicate with.

KI4AX

WA4KCN and W7ASA like this.
  4. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

ok boys .... you have right ONLY Tesla have invented the RADIO , ok !!! hi hi :)

5. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

MARCONI was the FIRST INDIVIDUAL to bring together all the CLEVER HUMANS who'd come before HIM to actually make "POINT-TO-POINT" communications POSSIBLE !!! He didn't INVENT WIRELESS but he did BRING IT ALL TOGETHER to launch another "HUMAN REVOLUTION" !! !BLESS THE OL'BOY for accomplishing that GIGANTIC FEAT !!!

WA4KCN likes this.
  6. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

hi..... NO russian collegue that say was POPOV the father of the radio ??? hi :)

7. W8GRI

W8GRI Ham Member QRZ Page

Not every one who builds a beautiful strip canoe will paddle it!

73 Rod W8GRI

8. SP2QVE

SP2QVE QRZ Member

nothing would work without Ohm's law 73! ;)

9. HB3YDH

HB3YDH Ham Member QRZ Page

10. HB3YDH

HB3YDH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Nathan

Well that's an association which is wrong. Coffee machines and irons were made by Max Braun who created his company in 1920, no relation to Karl Ferdinand Braun.

11. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

Both wrong, I dun it.

I just don't get no respect.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

12. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

You're certainly old enough :D:D

Dave
    W7UUU

13. K8ERV

Has anyone heard of Nathan Stubblefield, the non-inventor of radio?
    I used to live in his home town of Murray Ky. He used ground and water conduction and
    magnetic fields to communicate short distances bud did NOT invent radio as we know
    it using Hertzian waves. Some claim he did.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

14. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

I had not heard of him, Tom. Thanks for that - he has a lot of info on the web.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Stubblefield

Interesting reading! Sounds like "radio" to me if "radio" is defined as transmitting voices wirelessly...

Dave
    W7UUU

15. K8ERV

Definitions do cause a lot of problems.
    TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo