Dealing With QRM'ers, The St. Louis Way

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KB4QAA, Dec 5, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

More entertainment from the T-bones on the "Shape your stomach in" (1966)

2. W5TTP

W5TTP Ham Member QRZ Page

HAM Pilates? Now, that is a stretch!

3. W4ZD

W4ZD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ain't that the truth. When my wife and I go to Kroger's to shop, I am constantly making comments that only she can hear, as in "check out that size 48 fat-ass at 9 o'clock." Usually they are in their little electric golf-carts and are busy texting on their iPhone, oblivious of their surroundings. I keep expecting one to plow into one of those featured products kiosks. "Cleanup in aisle 21." :oops:

4. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Wait, I thought that was against the law in Georgia?? :D

It's even more amusing here -- it's not unusual to see a woman walking through the store, with her grade-school or high-school age kids following along behind her like blind ducklings, each one holding a cell phone a few inches from their nose. :oops:

5. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nope. T.O.M. described the Wouff Hong in "Rotten Starting", in 1919.

6. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

How is that unusual or amusing in Oklahoma, Matt?? Didn't you once post that married women with children are the "masters and rulers" of the universe in that part of the country?? So therefore; your previous post is consistent with those mores and customs that exist.:D

7. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't know... but it must have beeen a long time ago. My copy of the 1921 Signal Corps pamphlet calls them "Spark Discharge Apparutus, commonly known as Spark or Spark Gap Transmitters". I guess the debate as to proper nomeclature goes back at least that far. BUT during the same year, the book "The Principles Underlying Radio Communication" by the same agency omits the "...commonly known..." sentence. I guess they had to be politically correct even way back then. One never wants to anger the arbiters of correctness.

8. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

The divorced ones have very similar control over their ex'es... maybe even more.

I'm amazed how many guys tell me their stories of "marital bliss," and then wonder why I never married. :eek: o_O

N0NB and W2AI like this.
  9. KA0GKT

KA0GKT Ham Member QRZ Page

Bud Dry...the Beer that made Mel Famey walk us....

10. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

I think you’ve had enough.

Barkeep! Confiscate his keys. Be they straight keys, Vibroplexes, or straight.