ad: ProAudio-1

Dealer Mode for Wouxun KG-UV9D Plus?

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by KI7VQM, Oct 22, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KI7VQM

KI7VQM Ham Member QRZ Page

Just bought a Wouxun KG-UV9D Plus. I manually programmed a repeater into a memory channel, which works for the repeater it's for. While doing so, I wanted to verify the settings for tone, offset, and direction. When accessing the menu settings for the memory channel the radio would not display the setting and would just kick me out of the menu system. Then I tried to delete the channel and could not do so.

It seems these setting can not be accessed from the radio keypad. In searching the internet about this, I came across something called "Dealer Mode" for some of the older models (KG-UV1, KG-UV6, etc. Not sure exactly which ones, though). By holding down the "8" key when powering up the radio, it would enter this dealer mode. Apparently, in this mode, the channel settings can be view/edited and presumably deleted. The KG-UV9D Plus doesn't seem to enable this mode with the "8" key.

I wondering if anyone knows anything about this, if there's something like this for the KG-UV9D? There seems to be a dearth of information about the Wouxun handhelds on the internet. Anyone know of any user forums or websites with information about these radios. The manual sure doesn't do a great job explaining some the radios capabilities.

Joe
    KI7VQM