ad: rfparts

Deafening Sound in Cuba

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N7ZAL, Oct 12, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: K3QNTad-1
  1. N7ZAL

N7ZAL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow! I need to get my hearing aids adjusted. :( I thought maybe the sound was up around 20KHZ...

Thanks.

2. VE3ZYR

VE3ZYR Ham Member QRZ Page

Here it is around 4k(zipped), I'm not responsible for any brain damage that may occur.

Attached Files:

K9ASE likes this.
  3. N7ZAL

Still can't hear it and my hearing (or lack of) is far worse than I thought, so I probably already have the brain damage. :( :)

4. K3RU

K3RU Ham Member QRZ Page

To cause the physical damage to the hearing, brain and or skull which appears to have occurred is it possible to find the resonant frequency - if any - of the human skull or brain and exploit it ? That would be quite a sonic weapon. Whatever happened, it is frightening and creepy.

Is it real or is it MEMOREX ?

K9ASE likes this.
  5. WA3QGD

WA3QGD Ham Member QRZ Page

given the effectiveness of high frame rate video poker and human innate attraction to to compulsive behaviors emotional responses to visual and aural stimulus can be tailored to suit specific targeted demographics,push the right buttons and achieve the desired result's ever feel an emotional response to a particular moving melody or feel a hunger after viewing a tempting advertisement.Now if there was only some way to get people addicted to a communication and comfort device and have them pay for it too....imagine the possibilities.

N7ZAL likes this.
  6. KH2BR

KH2BR Ham Member QRZ Page

Have they ever try to find the source? I haven't heard news of what is being done to find it rather then bitch a lot.

K8MHZ likes this.
  7. N7ZAL

I haven't heard of any details, including the source, mentioned. Information on it was suppressed by the government and then leaked out. Since they are withholding information makes me think it could actually have a source with the US government, although just speculation.

It seems the "effect" was noticed within the embassy, at residences outside the embassy, and in other locations around Havana. Originally I thought it might be a power source for listening devices/bugs but am not sure about that anymore.

You would think the US knows the source because it shouldn't be hard to locate...but again, nothing mentioned yet. It appears to have also affected Canadian and Australian personnel there.

8. N5NXZ

N5NXZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You may have just dated yourself there... :)

K9ASE likes this.
  9. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

That might be an improvement---

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

KM1H likes this.
  10. N5PAR

N5PAR Ham Member QRZ Page

They played the sound on the news last night I can't hear it either.

I guess that's what I get for listening to sirens for over 20 years.