Dayton/Xenia hamfest photos - boatanchors galore!

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by K4NYW, May 22, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K4NYW

K4NYW Ham Member QRZ Page

KC8YLT and K3XR like this.
  2. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

3. KA5SDC

KA5SDC Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow! Thanks for sharing the photos. I have never been to Dayton but your pics make me want to go. I saw several things I am looking for such as the three Collins 32V transmitters to choose from, the Heathkit Warrior amplifier, and the Electro voice 638 microphone. I'll bet you were tired by the end of the day (or maybe before). :D

4. K8CCA

K8CCA Ham Member QRZ Page

It was an awesome time, I went on a Collins tear this year. I picked up a 32V-3 transmitter and and a complete S-line 75S-3B, 32S-3B, 516F2, 312B4, and 30L-1. Finally got my S-Line and a transmitter for my 75A-3. Drooled over lot's of other stuff. It's a Boat Anchor dream each year.

5. N8YX

N8YX Ham Member QRZ Page

It's neat to see Drake represented in those photos. I've hauled a lot of 7 and 5-line stuff out of the Hara location over the years and seeing more of it at Xenia makes me want to attend the place in search of that elusive...oh, wait. I already have almost as much of it as Sindre. :p

My "rare gear" fund was spent this year on an Icom CT-10 and a bunch of vintage computing stuff. The one wanted item I've seen at Dayton (but never purchased when I had the chance) is a Mackay Marine 3041 receiver.

6. W2WDX

W2WDX Subscriber QRZ Page

I just find myself looking at these images and saying, "Oh yeah I had that ... and that ... and that ..." and not feeling at all longing for any of it. I just purged myself over the last decade and have only a select few of what I think is the best or most interesting pieces of gear, mostly based on condition, performance and operational preferences. And one for nostalgia purposes, my HQ-110AC-VHF. (I've always had one HQ-100 type since I was a little kid). And I now own a house, and could fill the basement or dedicate an entire floor to ham radio if I chose. Will I? ... nope.

No point ... I have all that I need, and have restored and/or tried just about every BA out there. I've had every BA shown in those photos at one point or another, and many not shown. Now, you can count the number of vintage gear I own on two hands. Thank god I don't have hording tendencies.

Now when it comes to NOS parts for all these I do have, I can never get enough.

Thanks for the photos though. Nice to see so many nice BA available to those who desire them and want to preserve them.

Last edited: May 24, 2019