ad: elecraft

Dayton Speculation

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W6UV, May 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

My prediction: The 2018 Hamvention will be awesome. As usual.

2. KD8ZM

KD8ZM Ham Member QRZ Page

W2AI likes this.
  3. WA4KCN

WA4KCN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That is another complaint about Xenia. The hardened buildings are metal sheds and in the event of a tornado, there will be no place of safety. Looking at the wx it does not look like they are predicting severe storms. That is very good. An electrical storm could also spell disaster. The weather service is predicting rain for the entire event and the forecast is becoming more reliable with each day.

After last year it is going to be interesting to see what the crowds are like. I pray the repurposed asphalt that was placed will be enough to save the event. Its a gamble since planners don't know how many are going to show due to the mud, but it may be worth it to spend another 20K for more surface area. That decision is for the top planner now. It also may become to expensive for everyone to hold the event there in the future.

I cant justify traveling all the way from Arkansas given the forecast at this point. If I were local, I would be going but staying for a short while if raining. I will be attending both HamCom and the Decater Alabama fest.

4. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I hope so too.

This is my XYL at Xenia last year when we were trying to get to the car. It was touch and go but I managed to find a rope in the nick of time.

quicksand2a.jpg

WB8NUT, KB2FCV, W6KKO and 6 others like this.
  5. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, if you go mainly for the flea market, which is outdoors, it probably will. To many of us, the flea market IS the hamfest.

WD4IGX likes this.
  6. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, that sounds like poor planning somewhere down the line. I hope it doesn't wash out on you guys and gals. Around here, things held during the rainy season are generally held indoors. I figured that was a universal concept, that's all...

7. K3EY

K3EY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep, why I stopped going to fests years ago, I don't buy others s***

Good deal if you enjoy buying old energy useless garbage like what you see on Hoarders.

Never understood the draw seeing so many people walking around like old fat cows drooling over unless throw away junk.

You can home-brew and never go to a slob-fest. I did it for years minus being around fat smelling dirty hogs. Like a pig in mud I guess, they love it.

Ok be honest, tell me many hams are not fat and just over weight and too many are dirty!

It is what it is. . . . . . .

KA4DPO likes this.
  8. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

[​IMG]

KJ4VTH, W1TRY and W0VRA like this.
  9. W0VRA

W0VRA Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, I was almost feeling pretty good about being a small part of the ham radio community...

WZ7U and W4NNF like this.
  10. K3EY

K3EY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Only you control your emotions. It is what it is