Dayton Hamvention 2021

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KA7RRA, Oct 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe worried is too strong a word. Concerned is more appropriate. I figure when its my time, not much I can do about it.

But I see no reason to be stupid about it and engage unnecessary risk. Ya know, like licking doorknobs, hugging politicians, and so on. Doesn't stop me from doing what needs done around here and never has. Its the feckless cavalierity that is the problem. And if you purport "masks are for sissies", that's exactly the attitude I'm referring to.

Put on a damned mask and go about your life responsibly. Stop shutting down society and get on with it responsibly. Those that won't should be publicly humiliated for their selfishness. Give science a chance to catch up with this, instead of passing the cooties around.

That's all. Is that too much to ask of supposedly smart people?

W0FS, WA8FOZ and W4IOA like this.
  2. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Not too much into the public humiliation part.
    But I admit I'm not the brightest bulb in this bunch.

WZ7U likes this.
  3. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I stand a 99% chance of getting run over by wild cars on my scooter tomorrow going to church. Now that is REAL DANGER!! I have to travel the city streets in the street and just HOPE cars will drive around me. Any interaction with a car and the Scooter would not work out so well for me. But I HAVE to get to Church! So if I die on the way home from Church I have an immediate pass into heaven for I am FILLED with GRACE!!!. Not so much on the Trip there.
    On my trip to the Taco shop to get a pitcher of beer later on, If I get run over then, too bad!

It is a VERY DANGEROUS PLANET we are visiting. So many things are here to KILL YOU!! Black Widow Spiders for sure, so I don't DARE go outside at night. They are LAYING IN WAIT for me! In the house my first line of Defense is the PUSSES. but they are more on the lookout for MICE!

Some people on here disagree with just how DANGEROUS the widders are. OH, one bite might not be too big a problem, but here at the big old house, there a HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of WIDDERS anxious to DEVOUR ME!!! Just like the ANTS in the JUNGLE, that many Widders will make short work of my carcas.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  4. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Since the ELKS LODGE is shut down, due to a member testing positive, they are deep cleaning every square inch of the place. Anywhere one of those PESKY little virus modules could have landed. They travel around like FLIES looking for someone to ATTACK!! Probably more dangerous than MURDER HORNETS!!! I always wear a mask, but let my nose peek out so I can breathe. AIR Is a nice thing to inhale while here on the planet, but each breath JUST MIGHT CONTAIN one of those little THINGIES!!!

So I am at great risk. Up here in Crest, where NO ONE has reported any cases of Covid 19, the little Spores are doing their DAMNDEST to find a HOST to infect!! I will indeed be the FIRST CREST RESIDENT to come down with it. The Virus modules are teaming up with the BLACK WIDOW SPIDERS to GET ME!!!

5. WN1MB

WN1MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I said no such thing.

When I see people leave their own homes, immediately don a mask, get in their own car and drive off, I see the direct result of fear mongering. Situational awareness and reasonable precautions are one thing. What we're experiencing is quite another thing.

W4IOA likes this.
  6. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Is it fear or an overabundance of caution?

If it was fear, no one would leave the house.

7. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

I have taken to eating hard garlic salami and sardines....it's self disinfecting....I need no mask.

W4IOA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.