ad: elecraft

Day 1 with the ICOM IC-7610

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Dec 1, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

i love georgia! :)

still waiting on my 7610... come on HRO!

2. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It would be interesting to KNOW how "FLEX" is doing SALES WISE as COMPARED to "ELECRAFT" in respect to the (KNOB QUESTION)!!! I AGREE with most of the postings out here concerning "KNOBS & BUTTONS" rather than the "COOL BLACK BOXES" controlled via a crappy "MICKEY M O U S E:)"!!! I like the tactile feeling of BEING IN CONTROL of my rig!!! Like what had been mentioned here also even "FLEX" had to say "UNCLE" by virtue of their incorporating the (MAESTRO CONTROLLER) on their latest RIGS!!!

3. KR3DX

KR3DX Ham Member QRZ Page

The first "knobless" rig was the Ten-Tec Pegasus, and they sold a few of them. When they added a front panel with knobs and called it the Jupiter, it became their best selling rig of all time. Flex added a front panel to their knobless rigs (which are really computer peripherals) to increase sales, but nieither Elecraft nor anyone else has removed the panel and knobs from any of their existing equipment.

4. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

HIYA FRED !!! Hey, thanks for the COOL run-down on the ICOM-7610, AS IT'S A REAL COOL RADIO!!! But I'd also say honestly that the people @ ICOM used the introduction of the IC-7300 as a "TEASER" to all of us to SET THE STAGE (so to speak) for their AWESOME "7610"!!! Obviously ICOM accomplished THAT,
    BUT I'M STILL A "ELECRAFT K3S" KINDA GUY!!! :)

5. NN1C

NN1C XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey Chip,

You can get a stereo out. Also separate audio jacks out on the back if you want two different speakers. Yes, there is a single button to "track" both VFOs, one can do RX diversity and the like.

6. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have an IC-7600 and an IC-7410 both of which I bought new a couple of years ago. I'm still a big, heavy rig guy that likes knobs and buttons and less menu manipulation. Both of my rigs have darned good receivers in them that hold up very well at 2 kHz spacing IMD wise during my DXing and contesting exploits.

The whole SDR thing just doesn't appeal to me whether it be a Flex-6700, Icom IC-7300 or IC-7610. I did try an IC-7300 but it just did not hold up at all at 2 khz spacing IMD during DXing and contesting. But hopefully the IC-7610 won't have that problem.

But as far as good sounding transmit audio I always here that from any Flex rig and even 7300.

73 & GUD DX,
    Thomas F. Giella, W4HM
    Lakeland, FL, USA

http://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/spaceweather
    https://www.facebook.com/thomasfranklingiellaw4hm

W4KVW likes this.
  7. VE3TMT

VE3TMT Ham Member QRZ Page

My PRO3 does everything I need, and quite well. And it has a separate RF power control!

8. K6MTS

K6MTS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

...Oh...ummmm...OK, cool...

9. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've had an Icom IC-756 Pro, Pro 2 and a Pro 3 and they were great rigs. I kept the Pro 3 for many years and it was a top performer. Under serious pile up DXing and contesting use the Pro 3 suffered from some 2 kHz spacing IMD degradation as compared to my IC-7600.

In my personal opinion under typical normal operating conditions the Pro 3 is at the top of the used and discontinued list and it's why it's held it's used price for so long.

73 & GUD DX,
    Thomas F. Giella, W4HM
    Lakeland, FL, USA

http://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/spaceweather
    https://www.facebook.com/thomasfranklingiellaw4hm

10. YC1EJL

YC1EJL Ham Member QRZ Page

nice radio man..

11. NG0Z

NG0Z Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

reported and documented...by one guy you mean? (admittedly a pretty knowledgeable guy but so far it's the only case I've heard and he hasn't mentioned it since in his videos)

12. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for you time doing this for the ham community. This has been a very anticipated radio....