ad: M2Ant-1

David G3UFO now SK.

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by VK6KB, Aug 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. VK6KB

VK6KB Ham Member QRZ Page

David Oakden G3UFO sadly passed after a short illness this month. David was an active and very enthusiastic ham, a former ships RO, and a staunch CW operator. He had been my elmer , well more than that, my big brother that I never had, since 1980, guiding me, and supporting me when we emigrated to VK6 in 1987. He was a frequent visitor to VK6 as two of his sister in laws live here, and a member of the NCRG, VK6ANC under his Australian callsign VK6DJO. He is well known for his co ordination of the Clan Line shipping dinners, and was an instrumental part of the Eddystone Collectors group, transcribing past newsletters into digital modes.
    He also organised radio activities at Fort Perch Rock, a fortress off New Brighton, Wirral on the River Mersey, and operations from Leasowe Lighthouse, the first and largest concrete lighthouse in the UK ( maybe the world ? )
    He was a member of the Wirral and District Radio Club and the Chester Radio Club. He also ran CW classes on a regular basis and I believe they were always enjoyable . Above all he was my elmer , best mate and big brother and I will miss him dearly, as will many others.
    Vale David G3UFO/ VK6DJO

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019