ad: AbAuRe-1

Dave Gmur - KA7VLL - Lemmon Valley, NV now a Silent Key

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K7XC/SK2022, Jan 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K7XC/SK2022

K7XC/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Dave Gmur, KA7VLL, while not a Contester, nor DXer, he was an avid private Pilot, one of the best Electronics Technicians I ever seen, and was my closest friend of over 40 years.

We met in the late 70s when we both were CBers (Long before the" smokey and the bandit" craze), while I was studying for my Novice exam. He sat me down one night and was able to explain the concept of Resonance in a way that made sense to me. Together we fixed my first transmitter, A Johnson Viking II with a VF-1 VFO. If it wasn't for the effort to pass on his education in Electronics to someone straight out of High School, I likely never would have had the success in Amateur Radio & Professional Electronics that I had.

He died from the accumulated complications of being a long term Diabetic, suffering a massive stroke the week before Xmas. While under hospital care, a few days ago he took a turn for the worse, Passing at 04:30AM this morning. he is survived by his Brother Jim, and a few of us friends.

Always smiling, ready to tackle any project, and a great friend... The words "He will be missed" don't do justice to how empty I am feeling right now.

If I learned anything from this, Please take a moment to Hug close those you Love, as someday they will disappear without notice...

73s de Tim - K7XC - DM09jh... sk