ad: chuckmartin

Dave Andresen W7HTJ

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by W7UUU, Jun 28, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

I regret to report that long-time member of my club, the Radio Club of Tacoma, Dave Andresen W7HTJ passed away on Tuesday June 23, 2020 after a lengthy illness. He will be very much missed by his fellow club members. Dave was a good friend and a great guy, with a generous spirit and always a kind word.

I'll post further details as soon as they are available.

Dave
    W7UUU
    President, Radio Club of Tacoma

2. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

HI DAVE- W7HTJ ,respect fully vy73 DJOAJ ekrem

3. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

THANK YOU DAVE,

WE ARE SORRY FOR THE LOSS OF YOUR GOOD FRIEND.

W7HTJ RCT.jpg
    W7HTJ WITH MIKE.jpg
    W7HTJ SKCC.jpg
    ====================== ARRL FLAG.jpg
    =======================..===== ARRLSSClub.jpg
    === SILENT KEY REST IN PEACE NEW[1] BLANK.jpg

RESPECTFULLY,

W7UUU likes this.
  4. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

OH, CRAP! I can't put into words how I feel about losing another fellow ham, and a Radio Club of Tacoma member.

We lost another...

Dave was a regular at the RCT club meetings. A fine fellow and always ready to have a nice chat about anything, but especially antennas. Dave spoke more than one language and could often be found chatting in Russian With another of our club members who was from there. Always enjoyed talking to him and I will miss him. It was not totally unexpected though, since he had been working thru some health challenges this year.

So... Dave, see you in that big ham shack in the sky some day, in the meantime, we will not forget you!

73 OM dit dit

K5GMB/SK2023, K1LKP and W7UUU like this.
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Local Obituary:

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/seattletimes/obituary.aspx?n=david-andresen&pid=196415204

David Andresen

David Carl Andresen, age 78, of Lakewood, WA passed away peacefully at home on June 23, 2020. He was diagnosed with brain cancer in early February and elected to spend his final time at home where he was happiest. He was an intellectual mind who was always up for debating politics, discussing history, or spending time on his varied interests; including building electronics, being a HAM radio aficionado, translating and publishing Russian Folk stories, and gardening. The world has truly lost a gifted mind. He is survived and missed by many loving family members, including his mother, Mildred Andresen.

David's wishes were to be cremated and buried next to his beloved wife, Tish. Due to the state of affairs with COVID, a small family service will follow in the future. David's request in lieu of flowers was to encourage you to do something nice for yourself or others in his honor.

To Plant Memorial Trees in memory, please visit our Sympathy Store.
    Published in The Seattle Times on Jun. 28, 2020.

upload_2020-6-28_20-37-25.png

K1LKP likes this.
  6. K5GMB/SK2023

K5GMB/SK2023 Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, Gary, for letting us know a little more about Dave. I purchased Dave's iC-7300 from his estate and am glad to learn it came from an active, well-regarded ham, who had interests similar to mine: "always up for debating politics, discussing history, or spending time on his varied interests; including building electronics". His radio is now back in active service, and I will think of him often.

73, Gus KG5OFB