ad: elecraft

Data Signal RAP-200 Repeater Auto-Patch

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KB1WOH, Aug 15, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KB1WOH

KB1WOH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey everyone,

I was given a RAP-200 Repeater Auto-Patch, manufactured by Data Signal Inc. The auto-patch is in great condition, powers on, and internal components look brand new.

I have been on the search for an instruction manual, without it, it is a paperweight. I reached out to the original manufacturer, but found out they got out of the radio business and produce automatic animal feeding equipment. They did not have any documentation for this legacy product. Google search yields no results.

Is there a place I can look to find the operating manual for this auto-patch? Has anyone seen this equipment before?

Thank you,

KB1WOH

Attached Files:

2. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

Your best shot may be to log onto the "Repeater Builder" group at yahoo groups or groups.io and post a message asking about it. There doesn't seem to be any info on the repeater builder website about it, but these were fairly popular devices 35 years ago, someone may still have a manual, that group is large and active.

3. KC9ONY

KC9ONY Ham Member QRZ Page

Not real encouraging, :( but from the repeater-builder site:

http://www.repeater-builder.com/other-mfrs/other-mfrs-index.html

"Data Signal Inc. (DSI) became Game Country, Inc. and they still have some old manuals left.
    They wrote: We did go by the name Data Signal quite a few years ago. We got out of that business when cell phones took off and eliminated about 80% of our product line. Fortunately, we do still have some of the old product manuals available. As an example, we have a CWID 70-DC version that you can purchase for $10.00. It has all the information that you need. Schematics, theory, installation and so on. One thing you do need to know is that coding of the PROM is no longer possible by us. If you need to change the code, then you will have to go elsewhere. To get the manual send a check along with your complete mailing address. Please let me know if you need further assistance.
    (Signed)
    Technical Support
    Game Country, Inc.
    2403 Commerce Lane
    Albany, GA 31707
    www.gamecountry.biz
    "

Might be worth a try if you haven't contacted them already about old manuals.