ad: LZQSLprint-1

Data download

Discussion in 'QRZ XML Logbook Data' started by G4ZDE, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. G4ZDE

G4ZDE Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Just joined and downloaded data . Great for searching individual records but unfortunatly does not support city, street etc outside USA. Could State field be modified to adapt for countries outside USA?

2. K2DSL

K2DSL Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

There are some countries outside the US which have "State" populated. I'm aware of Canada which shows the Province in the State value. Looking at other data I have in my log, calls from Brazil sometimes return a State. Because I'm in the US I can't edit my address info so I'm not sure what options non-US hams have to manipulate their own data.

I do notice that your grid square is showing as JJ00aa which isn't accurate so you should change it to your correct grid square which I think is IO92fs
    http://levinecentral.com/ham/grid_square.php?Call=G4ZDE

K2DSL - David

3. N0BOX

N0BOX Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't know if you've ever done an ip location lookup online, but I use the MaxMind GeoIP database on my web server to look up the locations of email addresses from time to time. The database, instead of labeling the field as "state", labels it as "section", and carries information such as state for the USA and Mexico, province for Canada, and sometimes other divisions for other countries, like counties or prefectures.

It would be interesting to have the QRZ database follow the same structure. It isn't foolproof, though, since many countries don't have those local divisions, depending on how their governments are set up (if there isn't as tall a hierarchy as other countries have).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.