D1CTT calling, no success

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W4HWD, Nov 21, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
  1. W4HWD

W4HWD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am watching 40m FT8 right now, and D1CTT is calling various stations, and so far none are responding.

D1CTT is not a valid call here on the 'zed, and I am guessing the government of Ukraine doesn't recognize them as legitimate.

I've seen them before; in fact, I have D1DX in my log. What's up with D'eez calls?

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Last time I posted about those calls I got slapped silly for "supporting bootleg operators" (which I don't - I was just asking).

Hopefully you will fare better in asking the exact same question.

Dave
    W7UUU

KA0USE, WR3V, KD2UHD and 2 others like this.
  3. W4HWD

We shall see...since I have one of them in the log I may be found guilty...and slapped harder...

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

And I was only trying to get one in the log LOL! :D:D

Dave
    W7UUU

KE9EX and W4HWD like this.
  5. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm not the United Nations. If they have a legit license from their "country" that's good enough for me.

KA0USE, W0IS, N2UHC and 1 other person like this.
  6. W7UUU

WFWL

K5WY likes this.
  7. W4HWD

Is it "legit" though? If not I'm not going to work another. Maybe US7IGN can give us a scoop on this.

8. KP4SX

9. KP4SX

Legit according to who?
    Clearly they have some issues over there but its not my job to sort out who is who.

W0IS likes this.
  10. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

Last night on 30m FT8 I unsuccessfully was calling 1B/TA1HZ that claims to be in the "Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus".

Although there is a detailed QRZ bio for that call sign, it would appear that QTH is diplomatically in limbo, very similar to the D1 call signs from the alleged "Donetsk Peoples Republic".

SA1CKE and KP4SX like this.