D-STAR illegal in France

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. SV9OFO

SV9OFO Ham Member QRZ Page

It feels rather easy to avoid losing your analog repeaters by applying pressure on your local association - Just don't pay the subscription stating that they do nothing to cover your actual needs! This is my way to go here in Greece when RAAG asks for an overpriced subscription because they offer "D-star repeaters, bureau, and 6 paper magazines per year", the latter being full of ads about d-star and most of the articles are Radcom and QST translations. Nothing internet can't do.

They didn't get my subscription because I don't pay people that see my as a walking wallet.

It is easy to cast your vote.

And if you lose access to bureau, so what?
    LOTW is supposed to be free and open to all licensed hams,
    you can always do direct,
    and QRZ is getting ready for big plans regarding a new QSLing era, and I am a great supporter of that.

as for France, I believe something happened there, something to change plans of Icom and d-star advocates bottom up. There is a petition on, for ARCEP to withdraw the decision. But there isn't another petition, for ARCEP to MAINTAIN that decision. Do you know why? Because noone felt like having to convince the lawmakers they are doing their job right!

Hopefully, they'll stick with the first ruling and let France free. Vive la liberté, Vive la France!!!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  2. K4KYV

K4KYV Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Speaking of France, does anyone know whether or not French hams have yet been authorised to use 7100-7200 kHz on 40m? When the broadcasters vacated that part of the band, most European countries immediately allowed their amateurs to use the segment. But the French authorities drug their feet. Apparently, some bureaucrat needed to sign a certain document, but after more than a year, had not done so, so French hams were still restricted to 7000-7100 while almost everyone round them was allowed to use 7000-7200.

3. SV9OFO

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  4. G8KHS

G8KHS Ham Member QRZ Page

5. SV9OFO

Γιατί δεν εχω κατάλαβει τίποτα ?

In english please?

6. G8KHS

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  7. SV9OFO

Not Quite enjoyable... Google translate is so lame that I had to drive it using specific words in my above sentence to ensure that I'll get appropriate output (for you to understand it if you tried it) and even had to include the request for english because I failed on understanding the meaning of it; Thus the request.

Ok, the 1st link provides sufficient info. Having 300-something signatures europewide (as citizens of all 28 member-states of the EU have the right to participate) is considered a total failure especially after all this publicity, and that failure is considered an answer to those who insist that D-star is alive and well...

hihi, got some publicity ourselves, thanks to Julian, G4ILO, which I deeply and openly admire:

http://www.onlineradio.fr/news-radioamateur/d-star-en-france-attention-danger

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  8. G8KHS

9. G8KHS

You are correct, google translate is not perfect, but I am quite used to the different syntax and forms that other languages use - I enjoy making sense of part translated text - it's fun.:)

Ah yes, it seems Julians interesting blog is read by many french radio amateurs as well as om from Greece, USA and UK.

Also John, your english is very good, it is a great pleasure to converse with you.

73 de G8KHS - John

10. G8KHS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.