ad: LEARA-1

D-STAR - Connect to repeater through a hotspot

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KD2KUB, May 1, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KI5ENL

KI5ENL Ham Member QRZ Page

I did some more research. The repeater that I requested registration with required me to download a form, fill it out, mail it in with a 75.00 membership fee. I never did this which means that the request was never initiated. I also emailed them to discuss with no answer (probably because i'm not a member?) I looked at several other local repeaters and found one that appears to be very registration friendly. I successfully submitted a request and it said I would be emailed back soon. So I wait.

2. KE5MC

KE5MC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Let me take an educated guess with your Irving address... K5TIT
    I had a similar experience years ago. Worst amateur experience for me from any organization I have attempted contact.
    As I recall you can use their repeater locally, but callsign routing will not work as a non-member.
    I believe $75 was probationary club dues. Other requirement were in place at the time, but may not be now. I registered with the DCARA repeater in Denton and had a very quick turnaround.
    I'm glad you found a user friendly registration site.
    73, Mike KE5MC

3. KI5ENL

KI5ENL Ham Member QRZ Page

You would be correct, sir. I contacted W5HCT. Got an email back within hours.

4. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Go here...and you won't have to fool with a local repeater...

https://registration.dstargateway.org/Dstar.do

5. KA8SCP

KA8SCP Ham Member QRZ Page

NOt all D-STAR repeaters operate on the same software. I have found that those running the Icom G2/G3 versions will allow connections from users wit the PiStar... I do all the time. When I want to connect to my local D-STAR repeater, I just put WB1GOFBL in place of the general CQCQCQ URCALL field. To unlink, use the U command in the 8th position just like you would when using an RF connection on your local repeater.

6. KF0ACS

KF0ACS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Try this https://wb1gof.dstargateway.org/cgi-bin/dstar-regcheck. and if it helps you.

KF0ACS

7. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

I would hope that he has gotten that sorted out after a year.
    Not sure why you brought this back up but since you did I'll add this tidbit which might be helpful to anyone trying to register for D-Star-
    If you don't have a local gateway available to register through, or you do but have reason to believe that said gateway may not be reliable or responsive, you can go to the central REGIST server and register there-
    https://regist.dstargateway.org/Dstar.do
    No cost, no club or intermediaries to deal with and it should go through fairly quickly.
    You can also enter your callsign there to check the status of an existing registration and find out which gateway you're registered on if you don't know for some reason.
    If you are already registered but there is some problem with your account (can't log in etc) it is not advisable to attempt to re-register through a different gateway or REGIST as this can cause issues. You would first need to have your current account deleted before registering again.

8. KF0ACS

KF0ACS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks