ad: dxeng

D-STAR - Connect to repeater through a hotspot

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KD2KUB, May 1, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KI5ENL

KI5ENL Ham Member QRZ Page

I did some more research. The repeater that I requested registration with required me to download a form, fill it out, mail it in with a 75.00 membership fee. I never did this which means that the request was never initiated. I also emailed them to discuss with no answer (probably because i'm not a member?) I looked at several other local repeaters and found one that appears to be very registration friendly. I successfully submitted a request and it said I would be emailed back soon. So I wait.

2. KE5MC

KE5MC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Let me take an educated guess with your Irving address... K5TIT
    I had a similar experience years ago. Worst amateur experience for me from any organization I have attempted contact.
    As I recall you can use their repeater locally, but callsign routing will not work as a non-member.
    I believe $75 was probationary club dues. Other requirement were in place at the time, but may not be now. I registered with the DCARA repeater in Denton and had a very quick turnaround.
    I'm glad you found a user friendly registration site.
    73, Mike KE5MC

3. KI5ENL

KI5ENL Ham Member QRZ Page

You would be correct, sir. I contacted W5HCT. Got an email back within hours.

4. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Go here...and you won't have to fool with a local repeater...

https://registration.dstargateway.org/Dstar.do

5. KA8SCP

KA8SCP Ham Member QRZ Page

NOt all D-STAR repeaters operate on the same software. I have found that those running the Icom G2/G3 versions will allow connections from users wit the PiStar... I do all the time. When I want to connect to my local D-STAR repeater, I just put WB1GOFBL in place of the general CQCQCQ URCALL field. To unlink, use the U command in the 8th position just like you would when using an RF connection on your local repeater.