ad: wmr-1

CWOps 10th Anniversary Celebration Month Long World Wide Event

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by N4UP, Dec 29, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. N4UP

N4UP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I thought this had been posted already but couldn't find it with a search, so here is a reminder. Note that only CW contacts on 160-80-40-20-15-10 meters count toward a CWOps Certificate. Work any 25 of the CWOps members and/or CWOps club and special event stations ( on each band ) for a certificate. Endorsements for 50, 75, 100, etc. contacts.

I will be operating as W4C during the entire month of January. There are 64 CWOps club and special event call signs activated during January ( see list below ).

CW Operators’ Club 10th Anniversary Celebration

January 2020 marks the 10th anniversary of the CW Operators’ Club (CWops). In our ten years of promoting the use of CW in amateur radio communications, we’ve grown to more than 2,400 members worldwide. To honor our members’ devotion to CW and the efforts of many volunteers toward promoting its use and educating new devotees, we’re celebrating with a month-long on-air event in January, 2020. To learn more about CWops, visit our Website at https://cwops.org

All radio amateurs are invited to participate in our Celebration. Certificates will be awarded in various categories including certificates for working at least 25 members of CWops.

Complete rules and QSL info are available at https://cwops.org/cwops-10th-anniversary-celebration/

Look for CWops members and special event stations near 28 kHz up from the bottom of each band.

Club and Special Event Calls ( so far ) for the Celebration are ...

DQ10CWO DR10CWO

EG4CWO EM10CWO

G2CWO GI2CWO GM2CWO GW2CWO

IR9CWO

K1K K3M K4O K4T K5A K5M K5N K8G K8O

K3CWO K4CWT KE2CWO KE6CWO KK1CWO KN5CWO KN8CWO KT5CWO KX4CWO

LZ10CWO

N1C N5A N5M N5T N5W N8W

N0CWO

OL10CWO

PA10CWO PG10CWO

SC10CWO SD10CWO SF10CWO SM10CWO SN10CWO

TM10CWO TM5CWO TM6CWO TO10CWO

VA1CWO VC3CWO

W1C W4A W4C W4O W4Y W7C W7F W9O W0C

W1CWT W6CWO W7CWO W9CWO W0CWO WY7CWO

K9CPO, N2EY and W5BIB like this.
  2. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

THANK YOU PETER FOR THE EXCELLENT POSTING ON THE CW OPS CELEBRATION.

73 - K1LKP
    CW OPS # 724

3. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wat to do, Wat to do ? :confused:

SKN Night going on...
    CWOPS 10th ANNIVERSARY GOING ON...
    BUG USERS GROUP event going on...

ALL at the same time !! :eek:

Did I miss any event ?

[​IMG]

77 (Long Live CW)
    es 72/73
    dit dit

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  4. KA2IRQ

KA2IRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

As a first time participant in this, a couple of questions... if CWOps members are participating in a CWT, do those contacts count for CWO? What about just random contacts with members, do they count towards CWO, or do they have to be calling "CQ CWO" ?? I found both situations on New Years day and wasn't sure if I should log the contacts for CWO.

By the way- my ears were smokin'! My code speed will definitely be up by the end of January!!

5. W5BIB

I too was a bit confused when I worked W1C.
    He was calling CQ CWO, but, the number he sent was 10025. The CWops don't have that many members :confused: but the W1C callsign is listed as one of the CWops 10th anniversary event stations.
    Oh well, I sent my CWops number (2350) & he seemed satisfied.
    I don't know what the 10025 number related to...

K1LKP likes this.
  6. N4UP

Yes, contacts during CWTs do count toward CWO. For CWT contacts a signal report is not required. All contacts with CWOps members count as long as they are on CW and non-WARC bands.

On 160-80-40-20-15-10 meters I call CQ CWO. On WARC bands I call just CQ as those contacts would not count toward CWO. For me, as W4C, all contacts ( WARC and non-WARC ) will also go to LoTW, if you care about confirmation for band-mode counties/states etc.

I understand that if you submit a log with qualifying and non-qualifying contacts, the software should filter out the non-qualifying contacts. If in doubt, I would log it.

Yes, it is confusing. The high numbers have been assigned to club stations and special event stations, so the 10025 makes sense. And the contact counts. In CWTs I have heard some of those stations sending name and state, and others name and CWOps number of the operator, and yet others sending name and special call sign CWOps number. If in doubt, I would log it. The club and special event call signs only need to send signal reports, but can send additional information as they like.

For scoring/qualification, the only thing that matters is whether or not you worked a CWOps member, regardless of the number. The software should be able to figure it out as it has a list of member call signs and the 64 special call signs.

Some members are more contest ( quick exchange ) oriented, others prefer more casual contacts. So you are likely to see both kinds outside of the CWTs.

Just my opinions.

KA2IRQ and W5BIB like this.
  7. N4UP

By the way, I have heard speeds ranging from 15 wpm to 40 wpm during CWO so far. For me, I will try to match the speed of anyone calling. I would expect most CWOps members to do that also.

KA2IRQ likes this.
  8. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

HI STEVE,

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU.

cw ops w1c.jpg

W1C IS BEING OPERATED BY PETE.......TRULY AN OLE CW RASCAL.

IF YOU GO TO THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE CW OPS MEMBERSHIP ROSTER YOU WILL FIND
    ALL THE SPECIAL NUMBERS ASSIGNED TO THE CW OPS CLUBS.

HAVE FUN AND KEEP BLASTING THE BRASS.

CW 4 EVER

9. W5BIB

Tnx fer the info... & YES, it was Pete.
    Also I've managed to snag KX4CWO/Lou (1004)

dit dit

K1LKP likes this.