cw

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by N9JKS, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N9JKS

N9JKS Ham Member QRZ Page

BYE BYE BYE

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  2. KA0ZJO

KA0ZJO Ham Member QRZ Page

Jim, welcome anyway! Sorry to say the line between cb and whats left of amateur radio is slim at best. Hope the best for ya.

3. W4INF

W4INF Ham Member QRZ Page

More negativity wont help the situation any, and I sense a hint of 'code drop' in there. :D

4. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Too bad there isn't a literacy test.

5. W7SNK

W7SNK Ham Member QRZ Page

lol Thats so true!!! Mabey the CB'er should start taking tests (Then they will all just use cellphones)

6. KD0DKI

KD0DKI Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting comment, If I'm not mistaken W1JSK uses English as a second language.

Perhaps you should learn another language and attempt to post in that language.

What I'm saying is this, your comment is totally uncalled for and it only shows how intolerant a person you are.

Didn’t our mother ever tell you “If you can’t say something nice don’t say anything at all”.

7. KE7QCW

KE7QCW Ham Member QRZ Page

Well...

Hold up there, gents. That's just common online talk, nothing you couldn't see in a chatroom or over an instant messenger. It's probably more frequently used than proper English, though I prefer the latter. I'd hold up a bit on the insults and get to the heart of the message.

I'm with you, Jim, there are some pretty (shall we say) less than courteous people out there that really shouldn't be on the airwaves if you ask me. The dignity of amateur radio is hardly maintained when we don't have all individuals regarded as equals in a worldwide hobby. It's fair to say that CW isn't for everyone, just the same way high power isn't for everyone. Just don't let them get to you. Some you win, some you lose, as with anything. If you keep it up, you're bound to meet a lot of decent people and have a lot of interesting experiences. I know I have, even just on the local level and working into HF digital. Enjoy!

8. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I recognize it for exactly what it is. It is sloppy, garbled and inefficient. It indicates disorganized thinking, poor communications skills, and utter disrespect for the readers.

The initial poster held the responsibility for clearly communicating the heart of his message. Instead, he insulted us with chat-room gibberish.

9. W4INF

W4INF Ham Member QRZ Page

Dont worry, Im not affinded.

Actually, if there was a definition for affinded, Id be able to tell you weather I was or not. :cool:

10. KE7QCW

KE7QCW Ham Member QRZ Page

And does your criticism reflect the "respect" you're advocating? At least his message didn't deliberately label anyone or discourage them from posting.

I hate to say it, but if you really find it that insulting, what are you doing on a public forum where ANYONE, regardless of literacy, can post? Sounds like you take a healthy dose of offense every time you log in. N'est-ce pas?

That being said, thanks for giving the forum posters something worth reading. Everyone loves a good conflict.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.