CW

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by M0SPF, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KB1LQD

KB1LQD Ham Member QRZ Page

I love CW, I found the best way to learn was the 15wpm farnsworth... and then its just a matter of experience, the more you do it the faster you get! I used http://aa9pw.com/radio/morse.html mostly.... check it out

2. K5OP

K5OP Ham Member QRZ Page

Thats a good website to use when you can't download a program onto the computer. I especially like how it'll take RSS newsfeeds and convert it into CW for you. You can take the audio file from the site of your favorite newsfeeds and load it on your mp3 player etc. and just listen to the news in CW on the go. heh.

3. K0DXC

K0DXC Ham Member QRZ Page

When people go to DX lands for contests sometimes they are there for a week before and maybe a week after. That is considered a DXpedition.

In the time before the contest they are a general DXpedition. CW only if they are down there for a CW contests, I hear many stories of them.

4. VE3MPG

VE3MPG Ham Member QRZ Page

Best key or paddle

What's the best affordable key or paddle out there.

Just getting back into CW and looking for a good quality paddle. Run an FT-817 and a original FT-100 with all the Yaesu mods.

Thanks,

Bob VE3MPG

5. KU0DM

KU0DM Guest

Oh man...

I wish I had an FT-100 again. That was my first whiz-bang radio (borrowed though) and it was great!

I would say to start, a straight key would be your best choice. Cheap, and once you get good FIST, you will find iambic paddles easier. If you want iambic paddles, I'd suggest a Bencher BY-1. That's what I use, and it's great!

BY-1

6. KI4PRK

KI4PRK Ham Member QRZ Page

OK [shrug]. Just saying I've never heard of one.

9X0R and TX5C on the way, guys (and any gals)! Get out your paddles (or mics) and get ready!

73, de Brennen KI4PRK age 13

7. K0DXC

That's O.K. Brennan,

There's always a first for everything. I have worked many CW only DXpeditions, they're out there.

8. KI4PRK

KI4PRK Ham Member QRZ Page

:mad: my name is b-r-e-n-n-E-n! No A! :D just messin'

T-minus 5 days to TX5C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

73, de Brennen KI4PRK age 13

9. AC0AC

AC0AC Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  10. K0DXC

Spelin Iz MI Bezt Subgect!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.