CW Skimmer not decoding on frequency

Discussion in 'Rig Control, Prop., Cluster, & Other Software' started by AA0LN, Jan 13, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: QSOToday-1
  1. AA0LN

AA0LN QRZ Member

I'm running HDSDR and CW Skimmer, the programs are connected and seem to be working correctly -
    My problem is probably one of user error...

The display frequency of my radio, HDSDR and CW Skimmer are all showing the same. I'm listening to my target CW signal and the signal is in the center of the HDSDR's display yet CW Skimmer is not displaying its decoding at the bottom of its screen. The green passband of CW Skimmer is below the target signal's trace on its waterfall display.

I can see the CW signal on the waterfall of CW skimmer but its about 700 hz up from where I'm listening. If I click on the CW signal in CW Skimmer my radio's frequency changes by about 700 hz...CW Skimmer begins to decode the signal at the bottom of its screen but since the radio frequency changed I cant hear it.

I know its something simple, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks
    Trent

2. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Depending on the set up you HAVE TO be tuned 700 Hz or so off from the signal to "hear" it.

3. AA0LN

AA0LN QRZ Member

How do I shift where CW Skimmer is decoding so it matches where I'm listening. All frequencies are matching, ie, the radio, HDSDR and CW Skimmer's frequency readouts are the same and I can hear the CW.

4. AA0LN

AA0LN QRZ Member

Here is a fix I found online:

1) If you have to calibrate the CWS frequency display with your radio, tune into a CW signal with your radio.

2) Locate that signal on the CWS waterfall display.

3) Iterate the “Audio IF, Hz” setting in the Radio screen. To move the signal on the CWS display make small changes to the “Audio IF, Hz” setting until the CWS cursor matches the received signal on the waterfall display.

I'm reasonably sure its the correct fix, I'll report back here after trying it...if anyone has any other suggestions I'd like to hear them.

5. AA0LN

AA0LN QRZ Member

The above fix did the trick, I did have to change the CW pitch as well but its now properly calibrated.

KP4SX likes this.