CW sked with a noob, anyone?

Discussion in 'SKED - QSO Scheduling' started by KC3EWK, Apr 8, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

EWK; I have yet to see a frequency es a time of day reply from you to either mine or my friend's responses.
    Friendly Advice: You're borderline on wasting our time.
    Give a FIRM frequency and time of operation, THAT is what this Sked Page is for.
    Please and Thank You.
    VY 73 lane de n8aft sk ..

2. AD0XM

AD0XM Ham Member QRZ Page

ALL -
    I'm up on 7.107 currently, calling an occasional CQ. I'm not sure how well I'm tuned in though and the noise floor on my rig is about an S7 with no filters on right now. I'm very slow though and might send QRS onec'et twice. :) I figured I'd post here since there are probably quite a few following the thread and you might see the alert.

Current time is 0405 UTC, Saturday, 13 May.
    QTH time (Colorado - Mountain time zone) is 2205 MDT, 12 May.

I've got a Yaesu FTdx1200 set at 65W (variable up to 100W) through a tuner and inverted-V G5RV jr.

I'll probably be on for a couple hours, but might get impatient and head over to around 7.030-7.040 but it was pretty crowded there a little bit ago. I can also go to 20M, but I was spinning around there and hearing nothing just now. Maybe just the propagation or lack thereof?

Though my analyzer says I *should* be getting out better on 20M, I seem to have more luck on 40M. The project this weekend is a couple more dipoles. Huzzah!

73, AD0XM

3. N8AFT

I can usually work into Colorado on 40m at night ok and 20 is usually reliable.
    QRS is ok... I'm on 7107.5 listening. Time is 02:45 UTC and band is active with slow code.
    Start calling CQ at your recive speed, someone will answer. Another good spot usually into the wee hrs is 7050.

4. AD0XM

AD0XM Ham Member QRZ Page

N8AFT - yup. I just tuned in to 7107.5 and am hearing a nice, slow, (dare I say Southern Style?) QSO. I'll keep listening and wait for a break.

Tnx - 73
    AD0XM

5. KC3EWK

KC3EWK Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry. I would be on the air but haven't fixed my old heathkit psu due to school, etc... Need to order a part for it. If you don't want to waste your time, don't be on a qrz forum. ;)

6. N8AFT

7112 afternoons and evenings. Slo-Code for newbies and rusties.
    de n8aft

7. KC3EWK

KC3EWK Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey sounds good!