CW on 75 meters

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K4ADL, Nov 12, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Go read my QRZ page, it tells you a lot about what i think on every cause imaginable.

WZ7U and N2EY like this.
  2. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

W3SY and WZ7U like this.
  3. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

I didnt know that Dave, thanks. BUT why have two different policies? I dont care to see any POV on a ham radio forum that is wide open for the world to see.

4. W9BRD

W9BRD Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, Jim. I had the honor of presenting 160-Meter DXCC #1 to Stew myself. And #2 to Ralph Green, W1 Home Grown Tomatoes, who said at the time, "There's no question who should get 160-Meter DXCC #1." As a son of QST's DX columnist, I had long known of Stew's importance in 160-meter history. When as young General WB9CJS using the BRDian townhouse downspout system as 160-meter skyhook I first worked Stew (in late 1969 or early 1970), he had sent me a most wonderful, personally annotated QSL -- a Gil design, I recall, decorated with colored markers and an uncancelled 1964 ham radio stamp. Licensed as a Novice in August 1969, I had accelerated my upgrading effort not to miss the coming winter operating season solely because 160 meters seemed so darned cool.

160 is another Magic Band as far as I'm concerned. To operate 160 is to use the same wavelengths/frequencies first used by The Ancients. The longer-wavelength end of "200 hundred meters and down" is hallowed ground.

WZ7U and N2EY like this.
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Please use "Start a Conversation" if you want to discuss it. We don't discuss site policy and/or moderation in public

Dave
    W7UUU

KM1H and K3XR like this.
  6. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

You're allowed to post your POV. I don't care to see that either, but I'm not crying to the mods about it. Grow up yourself then come back with something less nonsensical.