CW heaphones

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by NG9F, Sep 12, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

Model H10-76

2. M6GYU

M6GYU Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes,I'd agree with that comment - But it doesn't bother me too much - it isn't like wearing the wrong sized shoe.!! and I mostly use them for SOTA activations as the more expensive ones I bougtht stay at home where their bulk isn't an issue.

3. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

And her middle name (no kidding) is Precious.

How much more Filipino can you get than that?:p

NG9F likes this.
  4. NQ1B

NQ1B Ham Member QRZ Page

I use Yamaha CM500 headphones, $60 on Amazon. These are not high end David Clarks or Heils, but they are comfortable and a big improvement over the built-in speakers.

KE0EYJ, NG9F and N6QIC like this.
  5. KF9VV

KF9VV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I use Telex 610's - the lovely cheap blue things.

Just tonight, I tried Sony 7506 headphones and absolutely despised them working the SKCC event. Too much information with high fi headphones for me. In contest conditions, the narrow frequency response of the Telex headphones works better for me. Less confusion.

After an hour with the Sony headphones, I went back to the Telex.

6. NG9F

NG9F Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

OK, I looked these up. They are SO ugly that I think I like them, and need them. And not expensive at all! How does this work with a mono 1/4" plug? When I plug it into my 7610 will I get audio in both ears?

7. KF9VV

KF9VV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yup, the 610's are wired mono, both ears get the same signal.

NG9F likes this.
  8. NG9F

NG9F Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Telex 610- wow. Made an offer on a used pair on eBay and paid $12 including shipping. I could not be happier. Very strongly agree that hifi headphones are not as good as these for CW. I think I need a backup pair now. Ideal. Thanks for the help!

9. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Koss SB45's and I believe Koss SB35's are the same exact thing. I run the SB45's on my Icom 7300. I did need to modify the mic slightly (easy). I slapped a piece of electrical tape over the back of the mic element, so the mic only goes one-way, toward your mouth. Excellent reports with some bass increase via EQ.

10. N4MTB

N4MTB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I sold my David Clark headset because they were too tight and uncomfortable. The Telex 610 are much better. I'd like to try some surplus WWII phones and see how they sound.