CW Encode/Decode ardware/Software "Ethics" question.

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by KF4ZEQ, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
  1. M3KXZ

M3KXZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Seems like a good idea. Completely manual CW and computer generated CW in separate categories makes sense.

2. VK2FAK

VK2FAK Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all..

Not getting worked up here....just discussing the topic..as the forum was designed

I don't know much about being tone deaf.....but would have thought you just could not work out if a sound was a A ,B C or whatever tone....

But would think a dit and dah would have different sounds..regardless of Pitch.....you just work around what sounds you get....

I would not be surprised if there are many operators that have something similar.

I will never understand why anyone would want to use a computer to send CW....Its like saying I have the computer on I will talk to another ham using Yahoo or MSN and not both to turn the radio on at all.......just because technology allows you to..

John

3. AC0H

AC0H Ham Member QRZ Page

It's not nearly the same.

4. K7MH

K7MH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It sounds like the op would not be able to mentally filter out other signals in the passband as they would all be the same tone to him. Not sure though.

There are enough categories in contests already. You could have a zillion of them if you wanted to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.