cw computers

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by KB2WVO, Jul 4, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-BCInc
  1. KB2WVO

KB2WVO Ham Member QRZ Page

i know i know i know....

but iam still tryin to get anything to work with cw on computer. R/Tx it..
    i tried a few like cwget doesnt work at all for me and a few others.. they dont work..

steps .. other software. anything..

thank you

2. K7MEM

K7MEM Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe you could elaborate a little bit on what you have tried and what didn't seem to work. What kind of interface are you using? What is the radio you are using? What computer OS are you using?

Personally, I have gotten CWGet/CWType to work very nicely on Windows 7 and 10. I have an old version of HRD running on a XP computer which does PSK, RTTY, and CW. Maybe even more modes, but those are the ones I have tried. CWGet/CWType will work with that same setup.

One of my fun projects was a small laptop running Windows 3.1 and a CW RX/TX program that was written in C and compiled with Turbo C. It needed a home brew filter to convert the CW tones to 0/1. It took much longer to build the filter than the simple interfaces I used on more up to date Windows systems. I put it together over 15 years ago and it's still operational.