CV19 vaccine

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by K0UO, Dec 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KS2G

KS2G Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

As I suspected. :rolleyes:

K9ASE likes this.
  2. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Who Where, please we all need to hear

3. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

KS2G and K0UO like this.
  4. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Iam not part of the “HERD”.
    NEVER WILL BE.
    OR THE FLOCK
    TRIBE
    CLAN
    or BETA Test

Ill take my chances “WITHOUT”
    the vaccination.

NO NO NO.

K8PG Paul

KO4DHF, K3MZM, KK9W and 1 other person like this.
  5. NC5P

NC5P Ham Member QRZ Page

My daughter got hers yesterday. She has been sore in the arm. She's an RN. My son in the Coast Guard was supposed to get his but they didn't order enough doses so he has to wait until they get more. Regular working folks are down the list a ways. In a few months we will know more about side effects, it's really too early to tell for sure and the different vaccines may effect people differently. I hope by that time we might have a choice of which one to get and our own doctor could suggest which of them would be best for each of us. I trust my own doctor (he is an immigrant and has his own private practice) more than "jounalists" or even worse politicians giving us contradicting information. I suspect those of us working will be required to take it by our employers or we stay home. That means we pay for it ourselves at the doctor's office rather than at a free workplace clinic where they give us whichever one they got. Hopefully they don't cost $1000 or more.

6. KS2G

KS2G Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

[QUOTE="NC5P, post: 5708887, member: 244101"]That means we pay for it ourselves..
    [/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't.

Neither you, nor anyone else, will pay for COVID19 vaccine.

New Federal Rule Makes COVID-19 Vaccines Free
    All Americans — whether they get their health care from Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance, or they do not have coverage — will be able to get a COVID-19 vaccine at no cost, under a new regulation the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released on Wednesday.
    https://www.aarp.org/health/medicare-insurance/info-2020/cms-rule-makes-covid-19-vaccines-free.html

;)

N6HCM and K0UO like this.
  7. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Each Phase 3 Covid vaccine trial in the US involved around 40,000 people. All of them were monitored and significant reactions were recorded and investigated. With so many vaccines being tested, the number of people in trials who received a vaccine is well over 100K total here and in Europe. (Note: the Russian vaccine was not widely tested before release - I won’t take that one! I don’t know about the Chinese one.)

Hypersensitive (allergic) reactions were observed in 0.63% of those getting the Pfizer vaccine, and can also happen with other types of vaccines. This is why you must stay at the doctors office for 10 or 15 minutes after any sort of vaccination just in case you have a reaction so they can administer epinephrine for a severe reaction or Benadryl for a minor one. So though it makes the news right now (A reaction to the vaccine!! Film at 11!) it’s not unexpected.

Exceedingly rare side effects that aren’t detectable until millions are vaccinated could still occur, but the probability is vanishingly small for any individual and certainly far, far less than the risk of having severe Covid.

N6HCM, KS2G, K7JEM and 1 other person like this.
  8. NC5P

NC5P Ham Member QRZ Page

No, it doesn't.

Neither you, nor anyone else, will pay for COVID19 vaccine.

New Federal Rule Makes COVID-19 Vaccines Free
    All Americans — whether they get their health care from Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance, or they do not have coverage — will be able to get a COVID-19 vaccine at no cost, under a new regulation the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released on Wednesday.
    https://www.aarp.org/health/medicare-insurance/info-2020/cms-rule-makes-covid-19-vaccines-free.html

;)

[/QUOTE]

This is a "rule", not an act of congress so it can very easily be rescinded by the new administration. Most of us won't get the vaccine before inauguration day and may have to pay a huge price for it.

9. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The new administration will not rescind the free vaccine rule. Clearly that would be political suicide - besides making it harder to end the pandemic.

N9LCD and K7JEM like this.
  10. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

No Politics Please. Now go wash your hands.

N8RKD, K8PG and WN1MB like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.