ad: AbAuRe-1

CV19 vaccine

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by K0UO, Dec 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WR1O

WR1O Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I received the Pfizer shot #1 om Monday Morning, so far, so good, second dose 21 days out, happy to be one of the first 500,000, so far no issues, will keep you updated, I am front line health care.

KN4LGM, N2EY, K0UO and 3 others like this.
  2. N4UP

N4UP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not my turn yet, but will get the jab when my turn comes. Even with all the jabs we will still need to take precautions for quite a while.

N0TZU and K0UO like this.
  3. K9DWB

K9DWB Ham Member QRZ Page

No I do not want the shot. Give mine to someone that wants it. I don't get flu shots or those other vaccinations.

N9EN, PU2OZT, KK9W and 4 others like this.
  4. WN1MB

WN1MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That's hilarious! How long has the vaccine been administered now?

N5AF, K8PG, KK9W and 3 others like this.
  5. K9DWB

K9DWB Ham Member QRZ Page

Mebbe the fast acting version?

6. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

Around five months, IIRC.

N6HCM likes this.
  7. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Local TV news here is reporting now that some first responders are getting vaccinated, even though they are in 1B, while many medical people in 1A haven’t been yet.

I saw a news report the other day that some corporations are whining that their employees should be first in line, such as Uber. I suspect they are trying to game the system.

Along those lines we’d darn well better not see professional sports teams getting vaccinated before their medically appropriate time which would be next summer.

K9ASE, K9DWB and K0UO like this.
  8. AH7I

AH7I Ham Member QRZ Page

'...working diligently...state officials...we'll let you know...'. You know the drill. Peers at other facilities began receiving last Tuesday. Kinda aggravating.

A very good friend just croaked his last breath following three weeks in ICU. Sucks to be in the 2%.

73, -bob ah7i

9. KS2G

KS2G Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The overall mortality rate skews lower due to the high survival rate among young, healthy individuals.

The risk of both hospitalization and death rises dramatically with age:
    upload_2020-12-24_11-42-2.png

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/older-adults.html

Not to mention the further increase in mortality risk for anyone with an underlying medical condition:

upload_2020-12-24_11-39-49.png

https://www.statista.com/statistics...h-and-without-underlying-conditons-by-age-us/

Attached Files:

VE4AJM, AJ4WC, N4UP and 2 others like this.
  10. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

My condolences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.