Custom online logging for free

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Life' started by M7BTZ, Jun 30, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
  1. M7BTZ

M7BTZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Good afternoon,

I am a young HAM of 18 years old and always on the move, ever since I got my license in March 2021 I have wanted a flexible customizable logging solution that was preferably digital but that I could access on any device. Now obviously I have the QRZ logger but I wanted something more customizable that I could modify and change to my needs, and so was born my custom logger build around google sites and Forms hosted on my google drive and completely customizable and locked down so only my google account (or any I grant access to for that matter) can access it. The only downside is the need for an internet connection.

I have made a demo copy which is a publicly accessible version where you can add fictional Demo QSOs for trial purposes. I wanted to get some fellow hams to have a look and see what they thought so feel free to add a fictional QSO or 2: https://sites.google.com/view/stationloggerdemobym7btz/new-qso.

Planned additions to my version which I will copy to demo in the near future include:

- Dedicated repeater contact logger because I have a bad memory and forget who I've spoken too
    - possibility of a second website so anyone can view my previous QSOs without editing privileges

If anyone has any ideas to add post them in the comments, if this takes off enough I will see if I can make a version of the back end accessible as a template for you to save as in your google drive, all I ask is you give me credit in the footer should you go public.

looking forward to your opinions!

73 de M7BTZ

2. M7BTZ

M7BTZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I also want a way to make ham grids and google maps work together so I can map out my contacts would love any suggestions on how to do that