ad: wmr-1

Custom Coax Cables for Your Station

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by K8KSU, Sep 20, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

When I was ready to erect my tower, I realized I would need the better part of a 500' spool of coax (five lengths, close to 100' each). I had already used Davis RF's BuryFlex but, wasn't looking forward to the shipping cost from NH to WA. Comparison showed DX Engineering's DXE400MAX (link) appeared to be identical, with a lower per foot cost. Orders over $99 include ground shipping. RG-213's selling point is that it carries a Mil spec. DXE400MAX is actually better (more UV-resistant jacket, 100% shield, center conductor has more strands).

Today, at under $2/ea, The RF Connection (link) has the best deal on silver-plated UHF male connectors.

2. W7AHX

W7AHX Ham Member QRZ Page

It is Called Click Bait and I fell for it, dout.............

3. WA7PRC

No. The OP is an advertisement masquerading as "news". A strong hint: the poster works for the company referenced in the post.

KE5ES likes this.
  4. W4RAV

W4RAV Ham Member QRZ Page

In today's world filled with "fake news" from all sides, one would think the 'Zed would take the high-road on the issue.

Sadly, that's not the case. "News" has become a meaningless word and threads like this don't help the cause at all.

It's really no fault of DX Engineering, as the system here caters to those who have money VS those who have newsworthy content.

At least qrz.com moved it to Videos and Podcasts, VS the original spot in the mis-labled "Amateur Radio News" forum. :/

How can anyone take "news" seriously if it doesn't even meet the most basic definitions of such?

WN1MB likes this.
  5. KE5ES

KE5ES Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It is still in the "Newsroom" forum. It may say video blah blah blah but it is still listed as news.

6. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Obviously it's working. EIGHT pages of replies? I'd call that a win for DXE for their somewhat over-priced cables.

I'll stick to making my own.

Dave
    W7UUU

WA7PRC and KD8DEY like this.
  7. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll take Professional C.B Operator, Or Appliance Ham operator for $400 Alex...
    Ymmv

8. NI4TG

NI4TG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The math doesn't add up using this tool. RG8U @ 84 cents per foot, 100 feet and two pl259's is $118. ($16 per connector) 32 feet and one connector is $67, making that pl259 a $40 item.

9. WA7PRC

When I set about to erect my tower and realized I'd need the better part of a 500' spool of RG8-ish cable, I looked at several sources. Their DXE400MAX was the best buy. I included shipping cost.

10. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm talking about the original post. The "crimping service" Of course DXE sells quality cable. That's where I buy all my raw cable.

Go back and read the first post if you're not aware of what this thread is talking about.... a "service" to make up cables for you at pretty proud prices.

Dave
    W7UUU