Custom circuit boards libraries?

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by AA7EJ, Nov 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. AA7EJ

AA7EJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Years ago I used a US circuit board "house" to get small custom quantity of PCB.

The fellow had an interesting concept - he collected orders and send the files to the vendor who made the boards when he got enough to place an order for single sheet of PCB.
    They he snapped your order from the sheet and send circuit boards to you.

He also maintained a library of his customer's PCB files. All he asked that you give a permission to let other customers use your layout.
    You would check out the library and if you found a board you could use than you order it.
    Simple.
    Neat concept.
    Worked just fine.

Of course OF forgot the name by now. Maybe he is out of business, who knows.

The reason for the post - anybody knows about similar "service" of public custom boards ?

I am looking for a board I can mount several "modules" onto to build VNA.

Basically a processor, AD9850 DDS, AD8302 detector, Bluetooth module, display module (LCD / TFT ) etc.

Thanks for reading
    73 Shirley

2. KB3UWC

KB3UWC Subscriber QRZ Page

Shirley, Try this place https://oshpark.com/ I was looking for the board to make a micro duplexer, for a portable uhf / vhf satellite antenna. They seem to work like you explained. Three boards were $5.20 shipped. You might have to sign up to look at the boards they have listed, there are a lot. I ordered them on the 6th and just got shipping notification today.
    73 Steve KB3UWC

VK4FFAB likes this.
  3. W0AAT

W0AAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

VK4FFAB likes this.
  4. WD3N

WD3N Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It is oshpark. com

VK4FFAB likes this.
  5. AA7EJ

Thanks, just what the doctor ordered.
    73 Shirley

6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

How many boards do you plan to build ?

Have Fun.

7. AA7EJ

I am not building boards, I am trying to modify another project layout to include circuit modules available and maybe switch from SMT to feed thru.
    If I can get the original layout file it would probably be simple to modify that instead of using protoboard.

8. VK4FFAB

VK4FFAB Ham Member QRZ Page

If you cannot find the exact board you are looking for, its not hard to layout a board and have it fabed in china and else where. Software tools are available for cheep and or free, though do have a bit of a learning curve associated with them. If you end up going down that alice in wonderland rabbit hole and get stuck along the way, just sing out and we'll do what we can to help. I have had a bunch of boards i have laid out fabbed in china and if i can do it anyone can :)

9. AA7EJ

Thanks OM,
    been "doing layouts" with stick-ons for few years before PC came on.
    Did some crude stuff using 286 and OrCAD...
    Just downloaded Eagle 8.4 - I believe I used version 3 or 4...
    My philosophy is - when experimenting with parts and their values - use dead bug style.

Simple boards - as AD9851 module - are OK on protoboards.

I seldom look for "production" and sometime it is a time toss -up between wiring protoboards or taking time to layout the PCB.

Just found out the official PCB board is available for the project , but no PCB files.
    But there are a layout pictures and that is more than half the time needed to "autoroute" the layout.

73 Shirley

VK4FFAB likes this.