Current direction of the ARRL

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by W1MRK, Jan 11, 2010.

?

Is the ARRL still strongly supporting and pushing Em Comm?

1. YES

49 vote(s)
    61.3%
  2. NO

9 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. SOMEWHAT

22 vote(s)
    27.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
  1. W1MRK

W1MRK Ham Member QRZ Page

Proud member of two of my local clubs. Sadly they dont have a voice in Washington.

Mike W1MRK

2. NI7I

NI7I Guest

Oh, I understand. The membership and leadership of these clubs have no telephones and are unable to write letters. They dont know the names of their elected representativbes or the address of the FCC.. That's all understandable.

Everybody has a voice in Washington. We are just too lazy to exercise that voice on our own. I should rephrase that.. Everybody IS a voice in Washington.

NI7I

3. W1MRK

W1MRK Ham Member QRZ Page

Well this thread has shown me the info I was looking for. Thanks everyone for posting. Mike W1MRK

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  4. N8WWM

N8WWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Being a money hungry group, as they ever have been, ARRL supports EMCOMM in order to attract federal funds. In fact, they lobby frequently to create or expand various functions in order to get that pork on their table.

5. WA4OTD

WA4OTD Ham Member QRZ Page

This poll is pretty limited. I would have listed options if you wanted to know what people thought was the "current direction of the ARRL".

6. AB3MV

AB3MV Ham Member QRZ Page

One of the reasons why I do not subscribe to QST is that I find the technical content to be marginal at best.

7. K3ROJ

K3ROJ Ham Member QRZ Page

ARRL Needs Help

I believe the ARRL did not fight hard enough to keep our morse code testing alive. Luckily CW is being used by many, especially DX stations but I can see the day coming where new hams will not bother learning it. I visited an ARRL sponsored emergency drill setup one day recently which was a total failure. They were supposed to demonstrate a digital mode and how well it can send and receive messages from one hospital to another. Guess what? After an hour nobody could get it going since the software was not compatible with the operating system they brought with them. I could have sent a hundred or more CW messages in that period of time only requiring a minimum of equipment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.