Curious about 2 monitors

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by KA4VNM, Jul 4, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KA4VNM

KA4VNM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am just fishing as to using two monitors with my Flex 6300. I am thinking one computer two monitors for operations and logging. This instead of separate computers and screens. I am concerned about mousing across two screens and screwing up something in the Flex software. Also running the FT8 and digital software on a half screen on the logging monitor and so on. Just wondering as to others opinions, suggestions and experiences. It would be two 23" monitors.

Regards to all,

Pat de KA4VNM

2. KA8NCR

KA8NCR Ham Member QRZ Page

Multiple monitors are the cat's pajamas. You're not likely to break something using them.

3. K7MEM

K7MEM Ham Member QRZ Page

These days, running multiple monitors is a piece of cake. Years ago, before I retired, I ran two 30" monitors that were shared between two Unix systems and a Windows system. Initial setup was a little daunting but once it was set up it worked great. We expanded to four monitors, just before I retired.

4. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm not sure how you would screw anything up by simply mousing between monitors. You would have to click on something. I have two computers running in the shack, both with 2 monitors. I have a software program(Synergy) that works essentially as a KVM switch that allows me to control both computers with one keyboard and mouse. I run the Flex and it's control software on one computer and log to HRD on the other computer through the home network. Works fine. The more monitors the merrier!!

.............Bob

5. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

There shouldn't be any conflicts, so connect them up.

As a helpful hint, you may want to make the mouse cursor larger and/or more colorful to make it easier to spot--two screens offers a lot of "real estate" so it's easier to spot the cursor if it stands out more.

6. KA4VNM

KA4VNM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks guys you have allayed my concerns. Once I have everything put back together (ripping the shack apart for a rewire), I will have the both where I can see the rat run and stay out of trouble.

Pat

7. W1XWX

W1XWX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Same here with my 2 monitors--- running a Flex 3000-- no issues mousing across the screens.

8. VK5MAD

VK5MAD Ham Member QRZ Page

I use 3 monitors with my flex 3000 and its great so much easyer to use than just one and the mouse flows smoothly between screens