Cuban Government Jamming 40 meter US HAM BAND

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by K4KKC, Jul 14, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KD2RDG

KD2RDG Ham Member QRZ Page

Would it be bad form to use CW and call CQ CUBA over the jamming?

KO4ESA and (deleted member) like this.
  2. K4KKC

K4KKC Ham Member QRZ Page

@KD2RDG Try it see what you get back and let us know here.

KO4ESA likes this.
  3. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No. Just no.

ITU Radio Regulations
    "1.56 amateur service: A radiocommunication service for the purpose of self-training, intercommunication and technical investigations carried out by amateurs, that is, by duly authorized persons interested in radio technique solely with a personal aim and without pecuniary interest."
    https://life.itu.int/radioclub/rr/frr.htm

ITU Radio Regulations Chapter VI, Amateur Radio
    "25.2 § 2 1) Transmissions between amateur stations of different countries shall be limited to communications incidental to the purposes of the amateur service, as defined in No. 1.56 [above] and to remarks of a personal character. (WRC-03)"

FCC Regulations Part 97.3.A
    "(4) Amateur service
    . A radiocommunication service for the purpose of self-training, intercommunication and technical investigations carried out by amateurs, that is, duly authorized persons interested in radio technique solely with a personal aim and without pecuniary interest.

"
    § 97.117 International Communications.
    "Transmissions to a different country, where permitted, shall be limited to communications incidental to the purposes of the amateur service and to remarks of a personal character."
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/47/part-97

*Political discussions, Aid and support to political protester are CLEARLY forbidden by ITU Treaty Regulations and FCC Regulations.

**Violating these regulations risks nations revoking or restricting amateur PRIVILEGES.

KO4ESA and KG5RKP like this.
  4. KO4PYL

KO4PYL Ham Member QRZ Page

What's the point of emcom or having diverse modes of communication if the only thing you can relay over a mayday is your antenna size or your country ham recipe?

K0ELB, KO4ESA, ZL2TOY and 2 others like this.
  5. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hamradio played a part in both Grenada and the falklands.

KO4ESA, K4ABX, KO4PYL and 1 other person like this.
  6. KI6NAZ

KI6NAZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for that. And let me just correct up front, I miss-spoke on the Woodpecker. I know it was designed as over horizon radar but tangentially used for interference. It was a byproduct of trying to get the video out quickly.

Josh,

W4ABC, N0JRK, W5BDJ and 4 others like this.
  7. KG5RKP

KG5RKP Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree with all of the above, but want to clarify that internet access has been restored, but it was never down for folks using VPNs. I suspect the 'social media' blocks are also easy to circumvent with virtual private networks as well. It's easy to get used to tech and get complacent. That's why we should always practice our 'grid down' capability.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/07/14/cuba-protests-internet/
    It looks like cutting the connection cost the regime as well as the people.
    https://thehill.com/changing-americ...808-cuba-lost-more-than-13-million-during-its
    "In the case study, it shows that Cuba went offline for 32 hours, which affected 7 million users in the process."

KO4ESA likes this.
  8. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

I must be missing the regulation that says that governments are encouraged to jam anyone they think is possibly violating these rules.

KO4ESA, KD2RDG, ZL2TOY and 3 others like this.
  9. W7HU

W7HU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

thank you all the help is appreciate tnx 73 de W7HU

KC1OCA, KO4ESA, K0LWC and 2 others like this.
  10. KD2RHT

KD2RHT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You didn't miss it, but Cuba isn't part of the ITU, so they give no cares.

KO4ESA likes this.