Cuban Government Jamming 40 meter US HAM BAND

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by K4KKC, Jul 14, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. K4KKC

K4KKC Ham Member QRZ Page

Another day of the Cuba Government Jamming on the 40 Meter Band
    IMG_20210809_161637.jpg

W7ASA likes this.
  2. KG5RKP

KG5RKP Ham Member QRZ Page

3. W7ASA

W7ASA Ham Member QRZ Page

With this building tropical storm forecast to run up the length of Cuba, I wonder if the government will cease the jamming, to facilitate the usual back-up communications on the island among radio operators? We shall see.

I'm looking forward to the days when "Cuban Jam" always refers to a music party.

73 de Ray ..._ ._

KG5RKP and KM4OZ like this.
  4. KG5RKP

I continue to send interference reports to the ARRL, IARU, and now ITU. Today's email included logs for 11 and 12 August.

Recipients include w6rod@arrl.org (vp international affairs and IARU liaison), hq@arrl.org, IARU region 2 monitoring program at iarums@iaru-r2.org, the head of IARU Region 2 xe1kk@xe1kk.net, the head of IARU at iaru@iaru.org, and the ITU Radiocommunication Bureau brmail@itu.int

To date I have been informed of 'high level talks' at ARRL (but have seen no indication those are resulting in anything useful). I've also received an automated "we received your email" response from the ITU. I've received no response from anyone at IARU.

2 people like this.
  5. KG5RKP

I received the Sep QST yesterday. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw the request to donate to the Spectrum Defense Fund. If this isn't a time for the SDF to get off their collective...hands...and get to defending, I don't know what is.

Got another auto-reply from the ITU.

1 person likes this.
  6. KG5RKP

After the 7.2 magnitude earthquake in Haiti, the IARU Region 2 has requested that 3750, 7150, and 14330 KHz be reserved for emergency use.

7. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

This WEEKS ARRL NEWS
    WITH THE Volunteer Monitor REPORT

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/the-arrl-letter-august-12-2021.775936/

Not even a mention from the Volunteer Monitor Program about all the 40 meter jamming that started the second week of July.

I know they are investigating it (I hope), but at least they could have made a statement about what they're finding. To reassure the Amateur community that something is being conveyed to the FCC and other Agencies.

I guess we're like mushrooms in the dark if they even care. SAD

Now we have a real humanitarian emergency with the earthquake. Amateur radio was always a big help in the past for these kinds of humanitarian emergencies and there's also hurricanes coming in and the Cubans are still jamming

It is time to salute the new emergency communications committee at the League and Volunteer Monitor program/ such a wonderful job? Or a total bunch of BS.
    Now I'm ready to listen to all the people that are defending the ARRL.

I'm Life member just stating my opinion.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  8. KG5RKP

I agree 100% and said as much to W6ROD in our conversation yesterday. All I get from the ARRL are excuses. (Though I guess I should at least acknowledge that I have received words from them...) I've wondered about posting exchanges here, and might simply include my response. I'm a retired analyst, not a politician and don't have a poker face - and I'm more than just a tiny bit frustrated with what appears to be self-induced impotence from "our" League. My next reports will be escalated to the State Department, FCC, and the White House. If bottom up doesn't work, it might be time for an avalanche of the doo-doo that flows down hill...

One or two of us can be easily hand-waved away as 'those troublemakers that need to get a life' - but if a bunch of us keep on the ARRL, they might eventually be forced to do their jobs. Hopefully.

K0UO, N3FAA, WB9LUR and 1 other person like this.
  9. KG5RKP

There's a jamming emitter directly centered on 7150 (plus all the usual freqs) tonight. There are also a pair of signals that are 9-10 parallel tones approx 500 Hz apart that have been moving around slowly - one has slid through 7150 once so far since 2300 Z on the 14th.

1 person likes this.
  10. N3FAA

N3FAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

They can use the same ones that were "reserved" for the volcanos. They haven't been used in months, if ever.