ad: ProAudio-1

Cuban Government Jamming 40 meter US HAM BAND

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by K4KKC, Jul 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KG5RKP

KG5RKP Ham Member QRZ Page

Yesterday and earlier today I spent some time with my rig and a couple of websdrs. There's a very powerful jammer pounding 7335 around VOA's Radio Marti. At first, the much weaker lines around 7.1 seemed like the 'ghosts' that come from very close or overdriven FT4/FT8, etc. But a number of folks have reported that some of the energy has been moving around. When I fall back to old intel habits, I have to acknowledge that I don't know if the jamming is being controlled, or if it's just a really crappy Soviet-era jammer that couldn't keep itself on freq if it was wrapped in baling wire. All I can say for sure is that it's making a mess.

KO4ESA and WB9LUR like this.
  2. KI5GFU

KI5GFU Ham Member QRZ Page

Anyone else having issues with KiwiSDR? ??? I think that was the URL Josh used... I'm probably missing something...

Attached Files:

KO4ESA and KG5RKP like this.
  3. W4RBN

W4RBN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Tonight 7.130-7.165 are totally unusable even here in central Alabama. This is unacceptable! Prayers for the Cuban people! Also, that Ham communication WILL get out, and in!

Rob
    W4RBN

KO4ESA and (deleted member) like this.
  4. KG5RKP

KG5RKP Ham Member QRZ Page

kiwisdr.com just gave me a blank page earlier today, but kiwisdr.com/public/ gave me a list of receivers. FWIW

KO4ESA and KI5GFU like this.
  5. KI5GFU

KI5GFU Ham Member QRZ Page

Thx!! I tried some deep links and landed on the same one. :) http://kiwisdr.com/public/

KO4ESA and KG5RKP like this.
  6. WB9LUR

WB9LUR Ham Member QRZ Page

Have to think that one (or more) US government agencies know exactly who's doing this and where they are located.

KO4ESA and KP4SX like this.
  7. KM4MLO

KM4MLO Ham Member QRZ Page

8. KM4MLO

KM4MLO Ham Member QRZ Page

9. K4KKC

K4KKC Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Manny!

KO4ESA likes this.
  10. NQ4T

NQ4T Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

yeah....this hurts.

KO4ESA, N1SER, KM4MLO and 1 other person like this.
  11. N1MJF

N1MJF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I took this video last night of the interference as I received it from FN41fp in RI.

KC1OCA, N1SER, KO4ESA and 1 other person like this.
  12. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

jamming 7.121-7.170 is S8 here EN92LX

13. WV8KFA

WV8KFA Ham Member QRZ Page

They HAVE also restricted internet. TOTAL CONTROL OF COMMUNICATION is what they want and have pretty much gotten. Get an old CB user out of retirement and let em push their "million watts" back at em. :) ;)

W4DRO, KO4ESA and (deleted member) like this.
  14. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Radio Habana Cuba is known to have shortwave transmitting facilities S and SW of Havana, near Bauta, Bejucal, and Quivican. Their jamming facilities may or may not be co-located, but it wouldn't be surprising if they were.

W4DRO and KO4ESA like this.
  15. N1SER

N1SER Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Exactly, makes me second guess the admins of QRZ and those at the ARRL HQ that put together the newsletter.

N3FAA, NM5XD, W4DRO and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.