Wanted CTCSS Tone Encoder

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KI4ORI, Jun 28, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KI4ORI

KI4ORI Ham Member QRZ Page

I am looking for a tone encoder that I can externally mount on one of my vintage rigs so that I can easily select different tones for the local repeaters.

Something similar to the Comm Spec TE-12, TE-32, or TE-64 would be perfect.

So, please look in the dusty corners of your shack or junk box and let me know what you have.

Thanks,
    Albert
    KI4ORI

2. KB4HVO

KB4HVO Ham Member QRZ Page

Have you looked into eBay, I just saw a few there.

Robert
    KB4HVO

3. KI4ORI

Yes I have looked on ebay. Lots of tone encoders, but not like I want. I need something that be set up and mounted to allow quick and easy selection of all the standard tones. (or at least several of them)

Much of what I have seen on ebay are tone boards with DIP switch selectable tones. That doesn't make it very easy if you have to take the lid off the radio and poke a switch with a pen or other pokey tool every time you want to change tones.

-Albert
    KI4ORI

4. KB4HVO

KB4HVO Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi, Albert, I understand exactly what you mean. I would like to send you some pictures of a project that I did for my Yeasu FT101E if you would like to see them.

Robert
    KB4HVO

5. KI4ORI

Robert, I would be interested in your project. The email on my account it good. Please feel free to send pictures.

Albert
    KI4ORI

6. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.