#csbody with remote image - was working but for some reason, stopped...

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by N0CTL, Mar 9, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N0CTL

N0CTL Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm using a section of CSS code from Vlad's PDF download where I have a remotely hosted background-image being loaded in #csbody. I had this working perfectly and now for some reason, its stopped. I suspect I did something stupid but for the life of me, I can't find my mistake. If someone could look at it, that would be GRRReeaattt..

-John

2. N0CTL

no one can look at this?

3. N6QIC

N6QIC Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi John,

You can send Vlad UA6JD a P/M and ask for his help.
    Before editing or changing your CSS or HTML code always make a backup copy of the code before modifying so you always have a way to go back. or so you can compare to the original code.

Ok I looked at your CSS code, and compared it to the original in Vlads book. But some of your code is different. I checked the path to your picture file by opening a new window using (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/aode9w9ec2xk0i4/sdskyline.png) and your picture displayed fine in my browser. I have tried a few things but nothing seems to work, Im not sure where the error is without the original code. I would have Vlad take a look at it.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  4. N6QIC

Hello John,
    I have sent a message to Vlad asking him to take a look at your CSS code.

5. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Fixed -
    You also use background-color line in #calldata part and it cover your background-image in #csbody area . Calldata is primarily and all background image is fix OVER csbody
    I am also upload your background image to your QRZ page - in this case your page will work faster .

N6QIC and KA9JLM like this.
  6. N0CTL

Lisa & Vlad, thanks so much for helping out. Things look good Vlad!

N6QIC likes this.
  7. N6QIC

Your Welcome