ad: Schulman-1

crack

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by G4REK, Dec 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. G4REK

G4REK Ham Member QRZ Page

AM I RIGHT IN THINKING THAT ONE SHOULD TIGHTEN UP THE FERRITE CORES IN THE IFS  UNTIL THEY SNAP AND THEN BACK THEM OFF A LITTLE. [​IMG]

2. N0WVA

N0WVA Ham Member QRZ Page

But make sure you flip the radio over and knock out all the loose ferrite powder. You dont want that transformer to de-tune itself after all your hard work! [​IMG] 73 Doug

3. W3SY

W3SY Ham Member QRZ Page

From the title of this thread, I thought former Washington DC Mayor Marion Barry was getting a ham ticket!

4. wb6bcn

wb6bcn Ham Member QRZ Page

Make sure not to use the proper size plastic tool for tuning, Use a loose fitting metal one, that is sure to crack them.

5. KM5FL

KM5FL Ham Member QRZ Page

Back 'em off a little??   [​IMG]  Naaaa.. When you hear the "crack", crank in one additional turn..  [​IMG]  [​IMG]

km5fl

6. G4REK

G4REK Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess this would be the normal practice on the ts 2000 production line
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. KB0IEY

KB0IEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, and the HTX-252 production line as well. [​IMG]

KB0IEY

8. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

At least those lines have tools.

At MFJ, to save money on screwdrivers, they let people tighten the hardware only with their fingers...

Careful alignment requires not only tightening the IF cores, however; one must also be certain to install the proper amount of smoke, so that can be slowly let out as needed, later.

9. N0FPE

N0FPE Ham Member QRZ Page

I sure hope the folks at Yaesu have a few tuning tools of the correct type when building my new FT-897. I would not find it very comforting if while setting it up for an emergency the faceplate fell off!!! Of course that would never happen. Everyone knows that $1400 buys you a state of the art, perfect in every way radio that has no bugs or pitfalls!!

I will go take my meds now............

Dan

10. KB0IEY

KB0IEY Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N0FPE @ Jan. 02 2003,17:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I will go take my meds now............

Dan[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Hey, Dan! Thou Shalt Not Bogart! Feel free to share with the rest of the group. j/k [​IMG]

KB0IEY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.