CQWPX... Down and out in Seattle!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WG7X, Feb 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, they have gotten most of this correctly. I kinda want the next forecast to be wrong... They are forecasting snow tonight and tomorrow and mostly every day next week. Just to stir things up a bit, the Tuesday night /Wednesday morning apparently can be anything from snow, sleet or... Freezing rain! Freezing rain and a bit of wind and we are in for it.

So looking back at my original post; won't do anything with the antenna until this stuff settles down. I actually ran a bit of RF into it this morning and the tuning is not even that far off. If I can get it out of the tree, it probably will be OK.

Wish me luck. I put this particular antenna up to fill in DXCC countries on 80 meters and it has done that very well, almost doubling the amount: my count went from 25 to almost 50 this season. So it looks like an effective antenna. Will want to keep it if possible.

So... Standing by for further bad weather...

2. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm hoping for sunny + warm, to silence the "Weather Whiners". :p

3. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

As long as the weather is like this, I make money hauling the scaredy cats back and forth to their jobs.

WA7PRC likes this.
  4. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

ARRL DX CW is next weekend, ARRL DX SSB 2 weeks later.

You can easily work another 50 or more DXCC entities on 80 between the two weekends.

You will. Have faith. Trust me. (If I can do it on an HF6V at 100 W out... )

5. NM7L

NM7L Ham Member QRZ Page

I got a snow day here in Eastern Washington for Monday (3-and-a-1/2 foot snow drifts will do that).

With the additional snowfall forecasted for the upcoming week, I am thinking more time off is in the cards. More work for my little Husqvarna snowblower.

WA7PRC likes this.