CQ WW DX CW

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W6UV, Nov 27, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. W6UV

W6UV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No new ones for me except V73NS. Hopefully I’ll get this one confirmed, unlike my other Marshall Islands contacts.

Highlight for me was working Mauritius on 40M through a raging pileup with a vertical.

2. K2DFC

K2DFC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This weekend did single band on 15 meters, low power. I thought conditions were very good. Worked 83 Country's. Just before the band closed Sunday lots of JA's coming in. Heard Guam and Marshall Is. but pileups were never ending. Didn't get those.

3. W0AZ

W0AZ Ham Member QRZ Page

No new ones for me.:(

I operated for around 3 hours total on Saturday and Sunday on 40m, 20m, 15, and a couple on 10m (Hawaii) - search and pounce with 500w, a long doublet at 32'(172' long) and a 25' home-brew, multi-band vertical .

Managed 54 Qs and 26 entities. Nothing particularly exotic. For some reason (likely the orientation and major lobes of my doublet on 20m and 15m). The Pacific Ocean entities are often loud here. Likewise Japan, Australia and New Zealand which I worked in the contest.

A lot of Europeans. A lot of the Caribbean. Strangely, nobody in Africa for me (??) which I usually hear pretty well (another major lobe).

Central Asia, Central America and South America are much harder for me. I'm in the bottom a very narrow east-west valley with mountains north and south, so my radio horizons to the north and south are truly horrible. Still, I managed to work Panama, the Dominican Republic and Brazil.

I was amazed, again, at the ability of my "entry level" IC 7300 to deal with close-in, loud stations on top of weaker ones. The digital twin passband tuning is extraordinary. It is, by far, the best receiver in that regard I've ever had. Even better than my FT-1000MP with all of the available filters and early DSP that was the bees knees 20 years ago.

All in all, I had fun.

4. W6UV

W6UV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No new ones for me either. :(

I thought V73NS was a new one for me, but I was using the wrong filter on LoTW and later found that I worked and confirmed him back in 2013.