ad: elecraft

CQ to "Jump-Start" Print Edition With January Issue - November and December Issues to be Digital Onl

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K2HAT, Dec 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. WO1X

WO1X QRZ Member QRZ Page

Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone got the February issue on Zinio?

2. WB8NUT

WB8NUT Ham Member QRZ Page

As of 6:10 AM this morning, Zinio still shows only the January issue as being available. No February issue being shown. No wonder all those digital only subscribers have not yet chimed in with "I got my issue" comments.

So much for getting back on track.

3. W1BR

W1BR Ham Member QRZ Page

They show a preview of the Feb issue--cover and title page, on their website. No digital edition showing Zinio...and no hard copy via USPS.

4. WR3V

WR3V Ham Member QRZ Page

If nothing else, at least the digital issue was always on time. My January print issue arrived on January 16th, so that's about when I expect the February issue to get here. Good grief, this is 'the gang that can't shoot straight'. What's next?

WB8NUT likes this.
  5. WB8NUT

WB8NUT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup, looks like things are getting worse. Zinio used to have the digital edition by the first of the month. Still shows January as of this morning. So if digital is late, then you know the paper copy is going to be really late.

What's next? That must have been a rhetorical question. I think most people can figure out what's next.

6. WO1X

WO1X QRZ Member QRZ Page

Dog ate my homework?

7. WO1X

WO1X QRZ Member QRZ Page

I thought about this a bit more and recalled that I paid the Zinio site for my subscription not CQ directly. So I sent the support desk a short email and here is their reply.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Zinio customer support.

There seems to be a production delay with this publication. Our production department and the publisher are looking into the cause for the delay.

The new issue will be released as soon as possible and you will be notified by email when it is released.

Please feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,
    Trevor

I will let you know what I get for my follow up email asking WHEN the production issue is expected to be resolved.

8. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

Not looking good for CQ. :(

WB8NUT likes this.
  9. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Ham Member QRZ Page

Circling the drain...

WB8NUT likes this.
  10. WB7OXP

WB7OXP Ham Member Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

fortunately they have the hams here to help with the plunger and the snake

and of course the lye

probably the same guys most willing to show up, eat lunch, and provide advice during antenna raisings.

11. WD4IGX

Well unlike the antenna raising there really isn't much anyone else can do for them. Subscribing or renewing might help, but that's a definite (though small in the scheme of things) risk to the person doing it.

12. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

Can't get a print issue out. Can't get a digital version out. Bet they can't get customer refunds out as they turn off the switch.
    I hate to see them go but I also hate overcooked turkey and seeing dead horses beaten to a pulp.

13. WD4IGX

I don't see anything in this thread as being anything worse than a) understandable venting, and b) warning others who might be about to commit their money of the risk involved. That might be seen as making the situation worse, but I think it's justified. People need to know before they pay if a company is not consistently delivering on what they promise. At least they can make an informed choice.

14. DAVIDRADIO

DAVIDRADIO QRZ Member

Last issue I have was Sept/2017.

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    The Jeep is the only true American sports car. best cb radios

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  15. WO1X

WO1X QRZ Member QRZ Page

I wanted to take the opportunity to let you know that I did receive additional information from Zinio customer service indicating that the issue is now available on their site.

I just received my copy electronically. The email reply to me follows

Hello Thomas.

Thank you for writing back.

We apologize for the delay and inconvenience caused.

February 2018 issue of CQ Amateur Radio has been released and delivered to the account.

Please let me know if you require further assistance.
    Regards,
    Tim Seymour
    Zinio Customer Support

Really quick response and good service In my opinion.

73 all!

Tom WO1X