CQ Maps

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by KV4JW, Nov 17, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
  1. KV4JW

KV4JW Ham Member QRZ Page

Recently I ordered a set of maps from CQ Maps / Axles & Antennas / N4EGA. Today my order arrived, and I felt compelled to do a quick review of my experience and the product.

I placed the order three days ago on the website. The website seemed very secure and professional. Everything was easy to understand and I knew exactly what I was purchasing. I made the order from my office computer - which has numerous anti-virus and spyware programs installed that analyzes each website/internet connection. (I work in financial services, so we have strict privacy guidelines) No issues with anything being less than 100% secure. I felt very comfortable putting my debit card information on there.

After checking out, I immediately received an email letting me know my order had been sent, and assigned me an order number. About 10 hours later, I received an email stating my order had been fulfilled and shipped! A tracking number was included. So far, a five star experience.

Fast forward a couple days, and today the order arrived. The maps were packed inside of a thick, sturdy cardboard tube. Inside, the maps were neatly rolled and inside of a plastic sleeve that further protected them (this is important to me, because if the shipping tube ended up getting wet, etc. the maps would still be protected!)

After opening the tube, removing the maps, and removing the plastic, I was greeted with set of very beautiful and very professional looking maps. These are NOT the RandMcNally maps you buy at Wal-Mart! These were printed on a heavier paper, the colors all solid, and everything was printed VERY clean and clear.

I've had presentations and literature printed from FedEx Kinkos, and OfficeMax before, and even their professional printers were never THIS quality. I give the quality of these maps a solid five stars.

I'll make a remark about the maps not being glossy also - I didn't want them glossy. Glossy = light glare, and I want my maps to be easy to read in all light conditions. The matte finish is a plus for me. I used 3M Command Clear poster strips to attach the maps to my wall. Only pictured are two maps, though I received three (I ran out of poster strips, oops.)

I can recommend CQ Maps for your map needs! I'm sure your experience will be just as mine was, and it's great that the owner/operator is also a radio amateur. He seems to understand what we want in maps and understands the value of an exceptional purchasing experience. These maps look great on my wall, and I'm sure they'll look good on your wall too!

Check out the pictures!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018