CQ Magazine delivery problems...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7JYJ, Feb 11, 2014.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
  1. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You have been complaining about CQ being late since Feb 2014! If it bothers you so much, why do you keep renewing your subscription?

WZ7U likes this.
  2. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That would be my question, too. Frankly, the magazine has been the absolute pits since at least the late 80s (they did manage to get issues out the door then, however). I finally realized that I was just re-subscribing out of habit, getting nothing from any issue, and dropped them 25 years ago. ;)

3. WB8NUT

WB8NUT Ham Member QRZ Page

OMG, they are back to using "printing problems" as an excuse? Man that one is getting old.

Anyone who continues to subscribe to this rag with it's unending poor service is rather foolish with their money. Join RSGB. Sure, it is a bit more money, but you really get a different magazine each month and it always arrives on-time from Europe each and every month.

4. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Been a CQ print subscriber for a couple months short of two years now, got a print issue for every single month. Some came a little late but I still enjoy them. I certainly don't feel foolish with my money. Doing my part to help another US ham magazine survive.

5. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

CQ Magazine.....
    vultures_circling_md_wm.gif
    the buzzards are circling....

N6QIC, K4PIH and WB8NUT like this.
  6. W7JYJ

W7JYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

The Aug issue arrived in the mail Monday. And I see now that the Sept issue is up on their website. Maybe it was late due to payroll problems? Hi
    Its a good magazine, I enjoy reading it, complements QSTreet and RadCom. I re-upped to keep it coming. I hope that CQ gets their financial problems
    fixed and gets back to timely printing and distribution. Kinda the pits to read time sensitive articles a month after the events. Even though the
    number of advertisers is way down, there seems to be a core group of advertisers hanging in there with CQ....

--Larry

KB4QAA likes this.
  7. KA7FTP

KA7FTP Ham Member QRZ Page

Might anyone have a copy of the August 2017 CQ they would be willing to send me after you are finished reading it? I have an article in there I would like to have a copy of.

Len

8. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'd subscribe but none of this inspires confidence.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  9. WN2C

WN2C Ham Member QRZ Page

Gee I wonder if a whole bunch of guys subscribed, would it help to fix their problems or make matters worse?

10. WB8NUT

WB8NUT Ham Member QRZ Page

That's usually referred to as throwing good money after bad. Since CQ has never been open and honest about their situation, no one really knows what it would take to make them viable again, so why would anyone potentially waste their money? They still owe me for the final year of a three year subscription which I never received. So to me there is a basic lack of honesty on their part so I will never again become a subscriber. Then you can read posts about authors not getting paid for articles or even their books that CQ published. Ethically, you just have to wonder about what kind of operation they are running there. Time for people to move on as nothing at CQ is going to change in my opinion.