CQ Magazine delivery problems...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7JYJ, Feb 11, 2014.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. KK4JSJ

KK4JSJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Today in the mail I received my CQ WPX Award dated March 14th, 2013. I had already forgotten about it.

2. AD0EC

AD0EC Ham Member QRZ Page

Got my April issue of QST today and a QSL card from Guadeloupe. Not bad.

3. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

Still have yet to receive my January and February Issues...

4. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

A friend of mine who lives near me got his January 2104 CQ magazine yesterday.

The Feb issue should be out soon.

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?428547-HamRadioNow-CQ-Magazine-Update-from-Editor-W2VU

The January issue is in the mail. As news goes, that can't be considered really 'good' when you're saying it on March 11, but in this episode, CQ Magazine editor Rich Moseson W2VU puts the best face he can on a bad situation at CQ. Well, you might call it good when the alterntaive is no January issue, or February.... Rich talks with me about what happened and why, and more importantly what is happening now at CQ. That includes publishing print editions of the missing issues, catching up with a combined March/April issue, and getting back on track.

But there was even more radical surgery to save the patient. CQ-VHF, Popular Communications, and WorldRadio are being discontinued as independent publications. Some of their columns and content will be absorbed into an expanded section of the digital edition of CQ called CQ-Plus which premiered in the February 2014 issue. They'll add about 50 pages (including advertising) to CQ, but again only in the digital edition.

Speaking of the digital edition, everyone can view the January and February 2014 issues on-line here (the link may be valid for a limited time, so if you're coming to this page in 2017, it might not be there). Click on the cover image of either issue, and you'll go to the Zinio site to read the full magazines.

I like the digital editions, but I respect that not everybody does (but no, we're not going to send you a VHS tape of HamRadioNow). I wish Rich and CQ the best, and hope the worst is behind them and it's on to more excellent Ham Radio journalism.

73, Gary KN4AQ

73 K2HAT Lee

5. N3CB

N3CB Ham Member QRZ Page

Rest assured…it's in the mail! Yeah, right. Well….it's March 18th and I just received my JANUARY ISSUE of CQ! Maybe it's an "archive issue" already, whatttaya think? Hey CQ ADVERTISERS…are you getting what you paid for?? Delivery of your ads nearly three months late? Really?? My subscriptions has been extended TWICE…for what? All the contest information for January is HISTORY, brother! Has anyone else noticed this has been the case since what, about LAST JUNE…? The "changing printers" excuse has grown long in the tooth as have the canned email responses to irate correspondences. CQ Magazine is………….check back in about three months for Part #2! Ha!

6. WA4BRL

WA4BRL Ham Member QRZ Page

This week I received the April issue of QST and my January issue of CQ. Is this some kind of April Fool thing? ;)

7. KI6LZ

KI6LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

My arrived today, Jan issue. Appears to have been water logged and dried out.

8. KR4BD

KR4BD Ham Member QRZ Page

The January dated issue of CQ finally arrived today. Too bad much of its contents were "dated" and of no use. CQ's problems have been going on for the better part of a year now. So far, we've heard lots of excuses and promises. As a nearly 40 year subscriber, I hope they can finally get their act together.

9. N2ADV

N2ADV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My January arrived yesterday from my old subscription.

10. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I just checked to see and I have all issues of CQ including the March/April combined issue. Of course, I get mine digitally via Zinio. I've found reading these on my iPad, along with QST, is very nice 'cuz if I want, I can read them at night in bed and not disturbed the XYL. I can turn the light way down on the iPad so I can read but not bother her. I also find it nice to have all the back issues along with me anywhere I go - on my iPad.

Strikes me that if those who complained on these pages so much would spend the time to sign up for the digital versions, their problems would be over. But then again, it's fun to complain, huh!?

Those who complain and want their refunds from CQ had best not "complain" about QST being the only game in town should CQ go under. No doubt many of those complainers already love to complain about the ARRL as well, since "complaining' just runs in some folks blood (I guess I'm one of those since I suppose I'm complaining about the complainers!)

I'm supporting CQ because I want them to survive as they are an integral part of Ham Radio and without them, my enjoyment of this hobby will not be the same. I simply can't imagine a fall with CQ WW contests!!

But, to each their own.

.............Bob