CQ Magazine delivery problems...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7JYJ, Feb 11, 2014.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

With the circulation problems the magazine is having, it would be prudent for the advertisers to re-evaluate their commitment. If the advertisers start leaving, the magazine is finished.

2. N2SR

N2SR Ham Member QRZ Page

Eerily similar to the days of "Radiosport" magazine that went belly up in the 80s. I believe the owner STILL owes poeple subscription money.

3. KK6DCT

KK6DCT Ham Member QRZ Page

So there's free links to access Jan and Feb editions online... I wonder if the print editions for these two months will ever arrive if they're giving them away for free online? The previous quote says 'for subscribers' but there's logon or any authentication on those links...

4. KI6LZ

KI6LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd hate to be the ad manager trying to figure out what to refund to the vendors. Antacid job for sure.

5. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

CQ Names New Advertising Manager
    http://www.arrl.org/news/cq-names-ne...r-shifts-gears

The announcement notes:

CQ announcedrecently that it’s still experiencing delays with its January and February print editions, but that mail delivery of both issues was scheduled for mid-March. CQ has told its advertisers that a combined March/April issue of the magazine will follow “shortly thereafter,” before it resumes single-issue publication. Online editions of the January and February issues of CQ are available for downloading and viewing.

We'll see.

Mel - KS2G

6. KM5FL

KM5FL Ham Member QRZ Page

My CQ magazines have been arriving late off and on for the past year and a half and things started getting really bad around August, 2013. I got tired of calling each month just to get a magazine so in December, I contacted CQ and requested an immediate refund. I was told I would receive a "back credit" on my credit card before the end of business that day.. The next day I checked with my credit card company and was informed that the refund had been applied just as promised. I guess I "slid in under the wire" with obtaining a refund..

Personally, I'm glad to be rid of the bother.. Whatever happens to CQ Magazine, they brought it upon themselves.. :mad:

KM5FL

7. KC0KEK

KC0KEK Ham Member QRZ Page

8. WY3H

WY3H Ham Member QRZ Page

No January issue, no February issue and so far, no March issue (March is more than half over). Getting tired of excuses! How does the magazine continue to get companies to advertise in a magazine that no one gets?

9. K1OIK

K1OIK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

He takes over an hour to do an interview that is worth 5 minutes and spends most of the time kissing his backside.

10. W3DBB

W3DBB Ham Member QRZ Page

I watched the 1 hour interview. Powder-puff journalism. The interviewer lobs softballs and the interviewee dissembles. I don't recall the interviewer getting to the heart of the matter and asking what the deal is with money paid for issues that have never been mailed.