ad: IACantenna-1

CQ Magazine delivery problems...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7JYJ, Feb 11, 2014.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
  1. KC0KEK

KC0KEK Ham Member QRZ Page

They actually said that? December was the last issue I received before cancelling, and they were still ink jetting labels on.

Regardless of whether a label is ink jetted or pasted, that's nearly always done at the printer, usually on the stitcher or after stitching on a Cheshire or similar machine. They'd have to have an awfully small press run to start labeling by hand.

2. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

CQ's problems are getting old, really quick.

3. KM5FL

KM5FL Ham Member QRZ Page

I canceled my subscription around the middle of December 2013. I asked for and received a refund on the remainder of the subscription.

I received one also. After scribbling across it in bold letters, "I'm not the least bit interested in getting burned a second time !!!!", I mailed it back to 'em..

KM5FL

4. N8HM

N8HM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

CQ Magazine is obviously having cash flow difficulties. I'm only a digital subscriber, so I've gotten every issue with no problems (except that November was delayed for a while), but I hope people give them the benefit of the doubt while they work through their problems. It would be a shame for them to go out of business.

5. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, it would be a real shame, especially considering the long history of the magazine & it's immediate predecessor.

But: Ultimately, should we see this unfortunate event happen, the publishers will have no one to blame but themselves.

6. N2ADV

N2ADV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Everyone is pressed for cash these days. Agree it would be a shame for them to go under but nobody is going willingly to spend money on a product that is perpetually late. Those who are more re affluent can certainly afford to give them the benefit of the doubt but the rest of us will divert spare cash to other more reliable things.

7. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

QST is following suit with delivery problems. Last month's issue was way late. They were already in the stores WEEKS before they hit the mailbox. Now I don't see the MARCH issue either! Of course, I can go online and read it digitally, but I COUNT on QST to read in the mornings in the restroom!

So there MUST be a reason both QST and CQ are getting Chronically LATE!!! Maybe its the POST OFFICE!!!

8. W2RE

W2RE Ham Member QRZ Page

CQ magazine is in financial trouble as its pretty evident and now with the recent loss of subscribers and advertisers for its perpetually late magazine in the mail, Im not sure how they can survive. Who will sponsor CQWW, WPX and awards?

9. WB2AMU

WB2AMU Ham Member QRZ Page

That is a very good question! It costs a fair amount of money to conduct a contest as big as CQ WW. Money to have reviews of logs submitted and for the awards. Any guesses?

10. KM5FL

KM5FL Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't know about QST, but in regards to CQ, you're not even close Pat.. The people at CQ have admitted NUMEROUS TIMES in response to emails and phone calls from their subscribers that they have not yet mailed the mags.. Unless you think the Post Office has something to do with getting the magazine material to the printers????????

KM5FL