ad: Morse-1

CQ Magazine delivery problems...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7JYJ, Feb 11, 2014.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
  1. W7JYJ

W7JYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Its Feb 10th and I still haven't received the January edition of CQ magazine. I called their subscription number two (maybe three) weeks ago and was told that they're
    consolidating their publications and that they hope that the delivery problems will be resolved by March. They extended my subscription by two months and I was told
    that they would put extra January and February issues in the mail to me. But so far I haven't seen anything. The last issue received was the Dec, 2013, issue in
    mid-January! Maybe the Jan issue will arrive in the next week or so. On a visit to the Tigard HRO store last Jan 27th, the store only had the Dec and earlier issues in
    their magazine racks. No January issues. Nothing newer than the Dec, 2013 issues. I wonder if CQ will be around much longer? Maybe time to ask for a refund on
    the balance of my subscription. According to the CQ website the February online edition is available. Maybe CQ is behind paying their printers and/or the USPS....

Anybody else experiencing similar Chicken Quack delivery problems?

TIA, Larry W7JYJ

2. AA0CW

AA0CW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Indeed. I have not received my January nor February CQ issues. However I did get a notice to renew my subscription today as it expires in March.

3. KI6LZ

KI6LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Laughed when someone suggested that they were trying to determine how many of us really needed a hard copy before going to all digital. Maybe?

4. N2ADV

N2ADV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If so, they played a dangerous game and lost several subscribers (myself included) based on the last couple threads about this topic

5. KC0KEK

KC0KEK Ham Member QRZ Page

Me, too. I cancelled at the end of December.

6. KD5ZD

KD5ZD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I received my December issue in January. So far no January or February issue either. I e-mailed customer service last week and have not received a reply. Something must be going on!

7. KB5PLA

KB5PLA Ham Member QRZ Page

I replied to their last e-mail announcing the digital version, informing them that I had not received either the Dec. or Jan. issue.
    I was surprised to receive a reply a couple of days later, apologizing for the known delivery issues and extending my subscription for 2 months!

73!
    Brian.

8. W7JYJ

Well, here it is Feb 19th and I still haven't received the Jan and Feb issues that I mentioned in starting this thread. The March issue of QSTreet arrived last week! But no CQ since the December issue arrived
    about mid Jan. And my Tigard HRO store still doesn't have anything newer than the December issue. Again, CQ's subscription gal said that she would have the missing Jan and Feb issues sent to me, but
    it has been at least three and maybe four weeks since I had that conversation with her -- and still nothing. I guess its time for another phone call. And maybe time to file a complaint with the NY state AG's
    consumer affairs office about this.

9. W7JYJ

Just got off the phone with CQ. They still don't have the printed version of the Jan issue! Hopefully in the next week, but they really don't know. They have a stack of address labels to put on them when they get the Jan issues from the printer. I pointed out that their website has NOTHING about their delivery problems. Trying to keep these problems under the radar. I'll give them until the end of next
    week. Also, they are supposed to be sending me links to the Jan es Feb online digital editions.

10. N2ADV

N2ADV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Their renewal envelopes are going out on time. I got my 4th one in the mail today. Right in the shredder it went.